Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Horn = No Worky...

Old 09-04-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Horn = No Worky...

Ive checked the fuse, the relay and what not and its still not working when i push on it.. however when i use my remote lock it honks... Ive been tracing wires and what not, and its just not working..

then on a side note, every once and a while my blinkers don't turn on, so i have to un-click the switch and re-engage the blinker.

Im wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem? or if im just going crazy? either way i have to fix my horn before jan for inspection so i figure ide start now lol.

P.S. if i type anything funky its cause im recovering from a concussion and i was typing pig latin yesturday

Last edited by TransformedBG; 09-04-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-05-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Re: Horn = No Worky...

sounds like time for a train horn!
Old 09-05-2007
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Listen outside near the fuse box with hood up while someone pushes the horn button inside repeatedly. (listen for relay clicking noise)

Swap the horn relay with another relay in the under hood box. (check the #s marked on top) Most are the same part.

Hold the horn button down inside and turn the steering wheel while holding to see if horn will blow at any point while turning.
Old 09-05-2007

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

ill try that but i dont know...
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Syke Fu will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by LT2004ever
sounds like time for a train horn!
Oh yeah!
Old 09-05-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Your alarm has its own horn doesnt it?

Your horn is right under your drivers side headlight (as you probably have found out). Maybe its connector came loose- check it out, its easier with the bumper off. If all looks okay, disconnect and hold a voltage reader to it. When the horn is pressed, it should read voltage. If it does, order a new horn... if it doesnt, trace thoes wires back.
Old 09-05-2007

Yeah well i havent had time to look at it yet, but i dont know, ive been noting some strange things with my signals and lights going on.. I think i might have 2 problems.. Im going to check the horn tomorrow if it doesnt rain.. Stupid Texas rain.
Old 09-05-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Let me know if that works or not for ya.

I had to replace the blinker assembly on a rolla back in the day kuz it was messed up, I doubt yours has gone bad, but maybe. Do your fuse boxes look okay- nothing strange going on in or behind them?