Rough idle with ac on at stop/park - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Rough idle with ac on at stop/park

Old 08-07-2018
Registered!!

Bonexwb is an unknown quantity at this point
Rough idle with ac on at stop/park

lately ive been having a rough idle at a stop with my ac on. It makes a clicking sound And idle. Check the freon, but pressure says i still have a lot in it. Ac blows cool air at low. But warm air when high. I just replace my compressor two months ago.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/vLOJAcJ

Last edited by Bonexwb; 08-07-2018 at 05:24 AM.
Old 08-07-2018
Registered!!

RobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the rough
Re: Rough idle with ac on at stop/park

if it is rougher than you'd expect, common problems are the radiator fan not coming on, or too much refrigerant in the system. too much juice in the lines makes it blow warmer than the right amount.

a lot of home-ac repair people just over fill it. a free gauge on a $16 can is not accurate. i repair everything i can at home, but when it comes to filling AC, i have a shop vacuum moisture out of the system and refill it with good equipment. if you filled it at home, you might consider having someone with better equipment redo it.

you have a lot of missing info here, like who did the repairs, it there oil in the compressor, what type of car, manual or automatic, is it filled with r134a or some weird leak stop blend, etc.
Old 08-07-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rough idle with ac on at stop/park

Probably far too much freon in the system. It's soooo easy to overcharge these small systems.

Get a pressure gauge for the high side, you'll probably see it go far beyond 400 PSI when it starts cutting out.

EDIT: Make sure the condenser fan is actually running first.