Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Low Fuel Milage/ Mileage/ How to Improve fuel mileage

Old 12-25-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aurangzeb is an unknown quantity at this point
Low Fuel Milage/ Mileage/ How to Improve fuel mileage

There are a number of things you need to check. Do let us know how you calculate the fuel average.
1. Change the Petrol pump and see if that makes a difference.
2. Get your throttle body/Carburettor, MAP/MAF sensors cleaned with a good cleaner. Also get the IAC Valve cleaned, make sure to lubricate it with a few drops of ATF oil after cleaning.
3. Change your Air filter and see if a blockade has been installed if the car was or is being used on CNG. It can also be in the shape of tape which covers the air cleaner box letting less air going towards the intake manifold. If you find a blockade remove it!
4. Use STP "Complete Fuel System Cleaner" or any other good ones you can find. For better results use it more concentrated.
5. Change the fuel filter. Use genuine fuel and air filters.
6. Change your spark plugs, use stock plugs. Look for the recommended plugs.
7. If all this doesn't improve your fuel average, consider changing your driving style.

On being failed in all these, i changed the 'Fuel Pump' of my civic 2006 which is located inside the Fuel Tank
Old 12-26-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Low Fuel Milage/ Mileage/ How to Improve fuel mileage

Originally Posted by Aurangzeb
There are a number of things you need to check. Do let us know how you calculate the fuel average.
1. Change the Petrol pump and see if that makes a difference.
2. Get your throttle body/Carburettor, MAP/MAF sensors cleaned with a good cleaner. Also get the IAC Valve cleaned, make sure to lubricate it with a few drops of ATF oil after cleaning.
3. Change your Air filter and see if a blockade has been installed if the car was or is being used on CNG. It can also be in the shape of tape which covers the air cleaner box letting less air going towards the intake manifold. If you find a blockade remove it!
4. Use STP "Complete Fuel System Cleaner" or any other good ones you can find. For better results use it more concentrated.
5. Change the fuel filter. Use genuine fuel and air filters.
6. Change your spark plugs, use stock plugs. Look for the recommended plugs.
7. If all this doesn't improve your fuel average, consider changing your driving style.

On being failed in all these, i changed the 'Fuel Pump' of my civic 2006 which is located inside the Fuel Tank
OP are you trying to reply to post?..because you started one instead.

And, to add to you answers.. Keeping the tire properly inflated is the top reason for lowered mpgs. Also, instead of telling people to throw parts at it ..it's better to to inspect and test air, spark & fuel related parts first.
Plus: Honda doesn't recommend fuel additves..besides they're "supposedly" included in most gas pumps anyway.
Old 07-03-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the rough
Re: Low Fuel Milage/ Mileage/ How to Improve fuel mileage

sorry. was trying to reply to another thread via my phone and i must have scrolled down too far, which accidentally replied here instead. my bad

Last edited by RobertD; 07-03-2018 at 02:17 PM.