Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

EG3 D13B2 Carb Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZinCix is an unknown quantity at this point
EG3 D13B2 Carb Issue

Hello guys.I have an Eg3 with the d13b2 which is with carb.It's running ok but i think it's slower than it should be.I've been told that this carb has two throttle stages and i believe that the second stage doesn't open in mine.Anyone knows how can i check it and fix it?
Old 12-10-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: EG3 D13B2 Carb Issue

I don't know anything about your model Civic but here's a related read: https://www.3geez.com/forum/carburet...-pgm-carb.html

Could try cleaning out the carb with carb cleaner..if you haven't already tried that.
Any vacuum leaks?
Old 12-10-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZinCix is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Megalodong
I don't know anything about your model Civic but here's a related read: https://www.3geez.com/forum/carburet...-pgm-carb.html

Could try cleaning out the carb with carb cleaner..if you haven't already tried that.
Any vacuum leaks?
I haven't cleaned the carb or checked for vacuum leaks.Tell me how can i check for leaks?
Old 12-10-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ZinCix
I haven't cleaned the carb or checked for vacuum leaks.Tell me how can i check for leaks?
I prefer using smoke blown into a main vacuum line (i.e. brake booster) with throttle body inlet blocked off and look for smoke escaping from vacuum lines.

Professional mechanics use smoke machines. I made one using a paint can, 3/8" heater (coolant) hose and pancake compressor to force air. A cheap, simple one is a mouthful of cigar smoke blown into brake booster line.
Old 12-10-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,441 Likes on 1,197 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Use some kind of smoke or similar for vacuums.

Not sure if Honda are vacuum activated or mechanical activated 2nd stage, if vacuum, just remove everything above carb, and pull throttle to see if it opens. That's what we did on older VW with carbs.