Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

I just bought a Honda Civic 2010 125k. What to change?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anton Shipitcyn is an unknown quantity at this point
I just bought a Honda Civic 2010 125k. What to change?

Hi. I just bought a Honda Civic 2010 with 125k miles. I don’t want to spend a lot of money, but I understand , I have to change some stuff. What can you suggest to change first of all? 1,2,3,4...oil,belts..
Old 11-18-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: I just bought a Honda Civic 2010 125k. What to change?

Originally Posted by Anton Shipitcyn
Hi. I just bought a Honda Civic 2010 with 125k miles. I don’t want to spend a lot of money, but I understand , I have to change some stuff. What can you suggest to change first of all? 1,2,3,4...oil,belts..
Buy it from a private owner or a dealer?
Any prior service records included?
Download or refer to owner's manual for 125K (or nearest mileage) maintenance schedule
Old 11-19-2017
Registered!!

I bought it from private owner. I don’t have any documentation . Just can see 30% oil life on the dash.(it’s my first car)
Old 11-19-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

You should try to determine what has been done (cleaner fluids)

But to be honest, all should have been done at this point.

Check the owners manual for the schedule of them.

And knock them out 1 or 2 at a time. Make sure ATF is not dark, or smells burnt. (5ATs are tough, but all need care)
Old 11-19-2017
Registered!!

i am a new here. please give me the link for manual
Old 11-19-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,124 Likes on 939 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

The owners manual should be in the glove box. It will have the maintenance schedule printed in it
Old 11-19-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Colin42
The owners manual should be in the glove box. It will have the maintenance schedule printed in it
It will have a vague explanation (LOL) of the maintenance minder system, along with a time based guide for some services.

OP can always check the Honda.com website for owners manuals and other important info. Make sure to register there as the new owner of the car (will need the VIN) so you can receive mailed notifications for recalls and other services
Old 11-20-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,124 Likes on 939 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ezone
It will have a vague explanation (LOL) of the maintenance minder system, along with a time based guide for some services.
Damn modern cars with their fancy electronics