Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Water pump/radiator testing,removal,and reinstallation

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adam Dubz is an unknown quantity at this point
Water pump/radiator testing,removal,and reinstallation

So I have a 2004 civic and have recently run into more than any persons fair share of issues with her. the car has consistently had a bit of an issue with mysteriously chewing up coolant with no visible signs as to where ir is escaping to. Those things being said, I ran the car extremely hot the other night and all the sudden the fans dont kick on, now no blowers inside the car come on (defrost,a.c.,ext), and the car all but immediately overheats leaving me to have to limp it everywhere by driving it til it almost redlines the temp gauge ,throwing it n neutral, and cutting it off while rolling...its quite the sideshow. Money is an issue so I can't afford to buy the wrong ****...would it be anyone's best educated guess that this is a faulty water pump,the radiator itself,or what? I literally replaced each relay and checked each fuse and nothing has made it so the fans kick on or blower system inside the car even act like it wants to work.Please help me with answers.
Old 09-19-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Water pump/radiator testing,removal,and reinstallation

My best guess is you now have a blown head gasket and a warped cylinder head as well as whatever part that may have caused the overheating. For future reference if an engine is overheating then set the climate control to max heat, recirculate and turn on the blower motor to high. If the blower motor is not working set to vent instead of recirculate and suck out the heat with your mouth..lol JK.