Fuel pump w/ strainer help! Urgent - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2017   #1  
Registered!!

Jorge Alcoce is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel pump w/ strainer help! Urgent

My car wouldn't start but it cranked just no start so I bought a fuel pump as they recomanndded me at autozone and the fuel pump strainer to install together and so I installed it and it work at first few starts without hesitation and now few hours later it hesitated again Ok so the car fuel days ago started to hesistate to turn on like it cranking just not turning on So now it just doesn't start just cranks then sometimes it would like start but with hesitating like it's forcing to start just not starting So I went to autozone to check the battery they said it's good I use 87 Premium octane sense the day I bought the car haven't had any issues. After installing the fuel pump few hours later I smelt like something burnt not sure couldn't distinguish the smell just a Oder of burnt and also the fuel pump after installing making like a little sound continuously what I'm guessing like a sucking sound not sure. Pleas help any ideas??
Jorge Alcoce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017   #2  
The Dongerator

Megalodong is a splendid one to beholdMegalodong is a splendid one to beholdMegalodong is a splendid one to beholdMegalodong is a splendid one to beholdMegalodong is a splendid one to beholdMegalodong is a splendid one to beholdMegalodong is a splendid one to beholdMegalodong is a splendid one to beholdMegalodong is a splendid one to beholdMegalodong is a splendid one to behold
Re: Fuel pump w/ strainer help! Urgent

Year and model of car?

Have a fuel pressure gauge?
Megalodong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017   #3  
Allow me to explain through interpretive dance

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The problem wasn't the fuel pump?
ezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017   #4  
Registered!!

Jorge Alcoce is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalodong View Post
Year and model of car?

Have a fuel pressure gauge?
mitsubishi lancer ralliart 2.4 2006
Jorge Alcoce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017   #5  
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Colin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Alcoce View Post
mitsubishi lancer ralliart 2.4 2006
and you posted on a honda civic forum?
Colin42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017   #6  
Registered!!

robfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nice

Could you have bought some bad fuel?
robfarr56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017   #7  
Registered!!

robfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin42 View Post
and you posted on a honda civic forum?
Maybe he is thinking of coming over.
robfarr56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017   #8  
Allow me to explain through interpretive dance

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfarr56 View Post
Maybe he is thinking of coming over.
Sorry, he's already replaced way too many fuel pumps to be on a Honda forum. Maybe a Chevy/GM forum needs to be linked, many of those cars and trucks eat fuel pumps like candy.

ezone is offline   Reply With Quote