Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Fuel pump w/ strainer help! Urgent

Old 08-27-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jorge Alcoce is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel pump w/ strainer help! Urgent

My car wouldn't start but it cranked just no start so I bought a fuel pump as they recomanndded me at autozone and the fuel pump strainer to install together and so I installed it and it work at first few starts without hesitation and now few hours later it hesitated again Ok so the car fuel days ago started to hesistate to turn on like it cranking just not turning on So now it just doesn't start just cranks then sometimes it would like start but with hesitating like it's forcing to start just not starting So I went to autozone to check the battery they said it's good I use 87 Premium octane sense the day I bought the car haven't had any issues. After installing the fuel pump few hours later I smelt like something burnt not sure couldn't distinguish the smell just a Oder of burnt and also the fuel pump after installing making like a little sound continuously what I'm guessing like a sucking sound not sure. Pleas help any ideas??
Old 08-27-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Fuel pump w/ strainer help! Urgent

Year and model of car?

Have a fuel pressure gauge?
Old 08-27-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The problem wasn't the fuel pump?
Old 08-30-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jorge Alcoce is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Megalodong
Year and model of car?

Have a fuel pressure gauge?
mitsubishi lancer ralliart 2.4 2006
Old 08-30-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,120 Likes on 935 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jorge Alcoce
mitsubishi lancer ralliart 2.4 2006
and you posted on a honda civic forum?
Old 08-30-2017
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
robfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nice

Could you have bought some bad fuel?
Old 08-30-2017
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
robfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Colin42
and you posted on a honda civic forum?
Maybe he is thinking of coming over.
Old 08-30-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robfarr56
Maybe he is thinking of coming over.
Sorry, he's already replaced way too many fuel pumps to be on a Honda forum. Maybe a Chevy/GM forum needs to be linked, many of those cars and trucks eat fuel pumps like candy.

Search this Thread