Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Car overheating

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Platano3porpeso is an unknown quantity at this point
Car overheating

I have a 1997 Honda Civic. Recently put a new water pump alternator and engine mounts on. Car goes 3/4 of temperature when idling for too much time (i.e.: stop light) I checked the radiator fan and is working properly; thermostat is new, replace it about 6 months ago with the radiator and radiator fan as well. But still goes above normal temperature. Any ideas what could be the problem?
Old 08-19-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Car overheating

Any pressure/coolant escaping?

Use a high temp thermometer in radiator neck and report highest reading.

Test ECT (Engine Coolant Temp) sending unit by removing, placing tip in hot water and use a voltmeter to measure voltage. (Youtube).

Bleed coolant of air by placing front of car on jackstands, climate control on max heat + fan off, rev engine occassionally to push air out. After about 15-20 minutes there should be very tiny or no bubbles present at idle for a proper bleed.

Inspect radiator cap if you replace it use OEM only and not the style shown in the video:

Last edited by Wankenstein; 08-19-2017 at 10:30 PM.