Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

small rust on honda civic 2013 sedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kissthestick is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation small rust on honda civic 2013 sedan

Hi there, first thread on this forum and was just wondering what the best solution is for fixing this small rusted area just beneath the passenger door?

http://i64.tinypic.com/2ypm7g6.jpg

Last edited by ezone; 03-28-2017 at 10:02 PM. Reason: inserted image in post
Old 03-28-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: small rust on honda civic 2013 sedan

I'm not seeing any pictures. Bodyshop estimate?
Old 03-28-2017
Registered!!

strange, i can see them fine, is it because im new?
Old 03-28-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kissthestick
strange, i can see them fine, is it because im new?
IDK. I've tried it on a laptop (IE and firefox) and my phone (firefox chrome and one other) I only see an empty quote box in FF, and the other browsers show me two broken image icons within a quote box.

Got an image host? Post a link or URL for it?
Old 03-28-2017
Registered!!

http://i64.tinypic.com/2ypm7g6.jpg
Old 03-28-2017

I think someone higher up needs to tweak the spam filters. The system ghosted your thread whole after you added the link. Weird.
Old 03-28-2017

Inserted the pic in the first post.

That looks like it's on the lip that sticks out on the bottom of the body....and it's been bent just a little? It's had the paint scraped off at some point.
At least it's on the bottom so it's not easily seen.

I'd try to get rid of the rust (sanding, wire wheel, or chemicals), then prime it, then paint over it with a color that's real close to correct.

I'm not a bodywork person by any means though.