Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

B18 not getting enough fuel??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetskier07 is an unknown quantity at this point
B18 not getting enough fuel??

Hello everyone!
I have a 98 civic hatch with a B18 non vtech out if a 93 integra. Recently the check engine light came on and problem code 01 comes up (OBD1). That code is for oxygen content. So I figured O2 sensor. (Was I wrong?) So I replaced the O2 sensor with a new one. I cleared the codes and the code continues to appear. I have noticed that the code appears when I climb a mountain or if I'm pushing it a little hard. I also notice that my air/fuel ratio gauge goes from staying with 12-14 to being pegged at 20(which is the limit). I believe that the engine is not getting enough fuel for the amount of air going into it. Am I wrong? What sensors do I need to check or replace to see if something is wrong? Thanks for your help. I'll try to answer replies quickly and to the best of my knowledge.
Old 02-07-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: B18 not getting enough fuel??

Has it always been swapped and fine; and just now this issue is happening?

or

Did you swap it and now you have the issue?
Old 02-07-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetskier07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: B18 not getting enough fuel??

It was swapped for over a year now and it has started happening within the last month.