Airbag Recall - Oct 20, 2014 - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2014   #1
Registered!!

selvan777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Airbag Recall - Oct 20, 2014

selvan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014   #2
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Airbag Recall - Oct 20, 2014

its funny how there saying its regional and only effected by heat and humidity which i don't know about you but it sounds like bullshit and there all pretty much fuked. i read about that poor girl in florida that got into a low speed fender bender in a parking lot and bled out when shrapnel ripped through her neck i believe it was a 7th gen accord.
lowlife9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014   #3
Registered!!

I heard one report use better choices of words. They explained that although a range of cars are involved, the ones located in high heat/humidity areas are most at risk.
Old 10-22-2014   #4
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

how would they know a car that was originally purchased in a low humidity environment wasn't sold or spent years in a high humidity environment then sold or returned to that low humidity environment to be sold to you ???
Old 10-22-2014   #5
Registered!!

No, what I mean is what's critical is where that misfiring canister is "now". I guess the moisture on the air is causing an electrical short igniting the explosion regardless.
Old 10-22-2014   #6
Registered!!

then that would mean that there all ticking time bombs i don't know about you but i don't live in a desert were im from it could be high humidity one day and not the next.
Old 10-22-2014   #7
Where's that music coming from?

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I hate that the media hypes the hell out of this long before the manufacturers and dealers can do a damn thing about it. People are ringing the phones off the hook in a panic over this already.

Takata has to come up with new (I heard it's up to something like 28 million units now), that's gonna take a while.

I'm not in one of the affected states, but we have plenty of cars that were sold here yet go to places like Florida for much of the year. The manufacturer hasn't told us how to handle that yet. Hell, we can't do anything at all yet.
ezone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014   #8
Registered!!

All the vehicles are affected!

Especially those in the following areas: Florida, Puerto Rico, limited areas near the Gulf of Mexico in Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and Louisiana, as well as Guam, Saipan, American Samoa, Virgin Islands and Hawaii.
Old 10-22-2014   #9

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Still, we have no parts for this new "recall", we have no idea when we will be getting parts, and we have no instructions as to what to tell these people that have all the questions.
Yet.
Old 10-23-2014   #10
Registered!!

Yeah, it's a mess, no doubt!
Old 10-23-2014   #11
Registered!!

i hope were not flooded with counterfeit chinese knock offs those are even worse then takata.
Old 10-23-2014   #12
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Airbags?
Ha, who needs em? SRS light's been on for a year. :P
Kennykid2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014   #13

I have not seen the info yet but my boss told me we are able to order parts for them now.
Old 10-24-2014   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezone View Post
I have not seen the info yet but my boss told me we are able to order parts for them now.
Learned more: There are 3 newer bulletins pertaining to the recall, two of which we can order parts for. The 3rd we still can't do anything with yet.

See your local dealership for further info per VIN inquiry.
Old 10-24-2014   #15
Registered!!

how about honda just buys me a Nardi steering wheel and we call it even ???