Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Fuel pump wont come on when car is warm??

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ast0nASHm3nt is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Fuel pump wont come on when car is warm??

I have a 93 CX bubbleback with a b16a2 5 speed. It hasn't been happening below 10 degree celcius weather, but now as the warm weather is here my car is acting up again.. You know how the pump primes for 3 seconds or so when you turn the key to ON. When my engine is cool, it starts fine but when my engine is even just starting to get warm 1 of 3 times if i shut it off the pump wont come back on until the engine has cooled. It also happened when I put 91 octane instead of 87 like i usually do. I dont know if the computer is confused but I would really like to know how to fix this. It can be a real pain sometimes. Thanks yea also sometimes if comes on for a split second before i start it , then i shut it off and do it again and it'll come on longer then i try to start it and sometimes I am successful sometimes not.. Real pain
Old 05-16-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fuel pump wont come on when car is warm??

With a wire diagram and a voltmeter you could test to see if the PGMFI Main Relay might be at fault....

..or figure out if the ECM isn't turning the relay on when it should.
Old 07-17-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
danwat12345 has a spectacular aura aboutdanwat12345 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Fuel pump wont come on when car is warm??

Fuel pump relay with solder crack?