Fuel pump wont come on when car is warm?? - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2014   #1  
Registered!!

Ast0nASHm3nt is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Fuel pump wont come on when car is warm??

I have a 93 CX bubbleback with a b16a2 5 speed. It hasn't been happening below 10 degree celcius weather, but now as the warm weather is here my car is acting up again.. You know how the pump primes for 3 seconds or so when you turn the key to ON. When my engine is cool, it starts fine but when my engine is even just starting to get warm 1 of 3 times if i shut it off the pump wont come back on until the engine has cooled. It also happened when I put 91 octane instead of 87 like i usually do. I dont know if the computer is confused but I would really like to know how to fix this. It can be a real pain sometimes. Thanks yea also sometimes if comes on for a split second before i start it , then i shut it off and do it again and it'll come on longer then i try to start it and sometimes I am successful sometimes not.. Real pain
Ast0nASHm3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #2  
Allow me to explain through interpretive dance

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fuel pump wont come on when car is warm??

With a wire diagram and a voltmeter you could test to see if the PGMFI Main Relay might be at fault....

..or figure out if the ECM isn't turning the relay on when it should.
ezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014   #3  
Registered!!

danwat12345 has a spectacular aura aboutdanwat12345 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Fuel pump wont come on when car is warm??

danwat12345 is offline   Reply With Quote