Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Help-Raw fuel odor coming from 04 civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nkm1976 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help-Raw fuel odor coming from 04 civic

Hello,

I posted a topic about my 04 civic a few weeks ago. Since then it has been to two mechanics (one of which was a honda dealer). They can't find anything wrong. No visible leaks, etc. It is currently back for the third time at the dealer to get re-checked. I have a raw fuel smell coming from the rear of my car. It seems to only get bad at the end of the day after I have driven it a while and it is very hot out. It really isn't so much when I am driving it. It smells after I have parked it. I have since replaced the charcoal canister. No smell coming from the engine. No visible leaks. Any suggestions as to what it might be? I am frustrated/exhausted.
Old 08-16-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Help-Raw fuel odor coming from 04 civic

I guess you didn't replace the purge valve or vent? FYI its best to re-post in your other 2 threads about the same problem. That way people can read the history.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...em-issues.html
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...-04-civic.html
Old 08-16-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

any engine light? vapor leak usually means evap system. either a line is torn or a valve is clogged.
Old 08-16-2012
Please, DubTee is my father, call me Dub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dubtee1480 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
a line is torn
This.
You might be surprised how smelly a small leak can be and still evaporate off before you can track down the leak by looking for a wet spot.