Auto Transmission Dipstick - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2012   #1
Registered!!

JCR150 is an unknown quantity at this point
Auto Transmission Dipstick

Hey everyone,

This is going to sound very dumb but...I started to change auto transmission fluid when I got home from work today as it is my only evening off for the next 10 days, I am due for a change and I have to drive to NY tomarrow for work. Anyways, I drained the transmission pan, had a beer, now its dark as **** out and I cant find the transmission dipstick. Can anyone direct me to EXACTLY where I should be looking, it is difficult to see much even with a flashlight. Thanks!
JCR150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #2
Where's that music coming from?

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Auto Transmission Dipstick

Is this on your Lincoln Navigator, or a Civic?

AAaahh a Civic.
I wonder what year it might be....

Must be a 7th gen.
Here's some low hanging fruit.

The trans stick has a yellow loop handle.

Grab your flashlight.

Next time, prepare yourself better.

You will need a funnel to reach the hole now.

HTH
ezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #3
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

dam a johnny carson reference you must be old. and be careful not to knock any debris in there it likes to build up around the hole.
lowlife9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012   #4
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Yea its way down in there.

lol when you say transmission pan I think maybe a Lincoln Navigator.
04 Honda Civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012   #5
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

lol this thread. and ezone, i jsut want you to know that you are the most epic person on this forum
sl33pyriceboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012   #6
Registered!!

JCR150 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! I shoud have thought about that before I started lol.
JCR150 is offline   Reply With Quote