95 Si Craigslist special oil leak. PICS INCLUDED! - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2010   #1
Registered!!

cyriix is an unknown quantity at this point
95 Si Craigslist special oil leak. PICS INCLUDED!

Hey Guys,
Hoping someone here can send me in the right direction. I'm about a week into my craigslist civic project, and working my way through a bunch of small repairs.
Today I noticed that the car is leaking a little bit of oil around the oil pain on the drivers side. I've attached some pictures if that helps (sorry about the quality).
I think It might just be the pan or gasket, but because of the location, and my newb status, I need some real opinions.
The car is a 95 si and the oil is coming out from around the dip in the pan that accommodates the pulley.
Thanks

cyriix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010   #2
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 95 Si Craigslist special oil leak. PICS INCLUDED!

Looks to me like a gasket/silicone seal problem

Can't think of anything else, maybe someone else may have another idea
Kennykid2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010   #3
Banned

Prodresurgence will become famous soon enough

try to tighten the bolts closest to the leak, otherwise that pan has to come off and be resealed.
Prodresurgence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010   #4
Registered!!

cyriix is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick responses. I tightened the bolts around the location of the leak. I'll keep an eye on it. If the issue continues I'll replace the gasket... and pan pan if necessary.
cyriix is offline   Reply With Quote