Rough Idle after maintenance - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2010   #1  
Registered!!

hrbassji is an unknown quantity at this point
Rough Idle after maintenance

In cold temperatures (below 20 degrees), my 1999 Civic EX has a very low and rough idle. After about ten minutes, it is still rough unless I turn the car off and turn it back on. Then the engine is fine. I changed the plugs, distributor cap, rotor, fuel filter, and cleaned IACV, but still I have the problem. Any ideas?
hrbassji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010   #2  
Registered!!

laack is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Rough Idle after maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbassji View Post
In cold temperatures (below 20 degrees), my 1999 Civic EX has a very low and rough idle. After about ten minutes, it is still rough unless I turn the car off and turn it back on. Then the engine is fine. I changed the plugs, distributor cap, rotor, fuel filter, and cleaned IACV, but still I have the problem. Any ideas?
have you tried an ecu reset? warm car up first to operating temp. pull ecu fuse or disconnect battery. reconnect and let car idle with all electricals off for 10 min.
laack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #3  
Registered!!

The engine still has trouble starting, and once it does, it is a lumpy idle until it warms up and I restart the engine. Then it runs normal. I have a CEL which I need to get checked.
Old 02-19-2010   #4  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Duh. Fix your CEL light first.
TRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010   #5  
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

You should change your wires. Changing plugs without wires could cause that problem. Also pulling a code from your CEL wouldnt be a bad idea either, but definately change the wires.
04 Honda Civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #6  
Registered!!

went to autozone and they pulled this code:
P1607
ECM/PCM Internal Circuit Failure A

help?
Old 02-23-2010   #7  
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

ouch. sounds like you need a new computer. but its ok. those ecus are like uncontrollable weeds. you can find them anywhere for maybe 50bucks used

Last edited by civicsrcool; 02-23-2010 at 06:47 PM.
civicsrcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010   #8  
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Yea but he will need to reflash it to match his key and airbags.
04 Honda Civic is offline   Reply With Quote