Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

02 civic si airbags

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slapoutz is an unknown quantity at this point
02 civic si airbags

ok well my srs light came on a couple of months ago i took it to a shop and they couldnt figure what was wrong with it. i unplugged the airbag connector underneath my drivers seat to take out the seat then put it back in plugged up and the srs light came on so i disconnected the battery for 10 min to see if it would do anything (airbags keep current for about 10 min after batterys disconnected) so after 10 min i plug the battery back up and crank the car up and its still on. its still on 2 months later and now my parents are bugging me about it and i cant afford to take it to honda.
The Airbags have never been blown and are still in the car.
Old 10-27-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 02 civic si airbags

it just came on cause you unplugged the connector. there is a special way to reset the light and disconnecting the battery will not work. honda dealer has a special tool, theres actually a diy somewhere here about using a paperclip.
Old 10-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slapoutz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 02 civic si airbags

thanks so much dude the diy was amazing and so simple oh and they say its easier just to use a speaker wire which is what i did then i had the 2 ends right up by the steering wheel so i could see the light and see when it reset. thanks so much dude.