2000 civic maintainence - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2009   #1  
Registered!!

sodaCAN is an unknown quantity at this point
2000 civic maintainence

hey guys, new here, just bought my silver 2000 Honda Civic EX coupe. Its in pretty good shape, but the paint is peeling on the hood, little dings on the side, bald tires, windows came out of the tracks (power windows). I did a few things myself oil change, wipers, fuel filter, air filter, trans fluid, battery, alternator is fine, coolant flush, and cleaned up the engine bay. it has 147k miles and i was wondering what i need to do/check to get this baby in top engine condition before i start my customizing. any ideas?
sodaCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #2  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2000 civic maintainence

just check all the fluids, brake, power steering, etc. may also want to get a suspension check and see what needs to be replaced. make sure everythings running okay.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #3  
Registered!!

okay i did. and suspension is great. im replacing the tires next paycheck, and i have to replace a motor in the door panel for the driver side window. previous owner stripped the motor not knowing wtf he was doin. think that would be an easy task? install new motor for the window, and put on new weather strips and seals?
Old 10-21-2009   #4  
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

This should get you started:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...vic-coupe.html

Welcome to the site
BlueEM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009   #5  
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

weather strips usually just clip on so they should be easy
Old 10-22-2009   #6  
Registered!!

ha thanks guys! will keep ya updated on my window progress.
Old 10-22-2009   #7  
Registered!!

haha, question already. okay. pretty sure my driver-side motor is stripped because i got it in its track, but the motor will only hold it up 2" from the top. the motor will just bounce it up and down, turning over constantly. The passenger-side seems to still be in great condition, its just out of the track and i havent messed with it yet. is it possible to switch the motors so i have a fuctioning driver-side window until my new motor comes in?
Old 10-22-2009   #8  
Premium Member

i think motors are side specific so no switching them