Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

oil light

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
subworm07 is an unknown quantity at this point
oil light

Hi everyone I did a search but couldn't find anything.
I did and auto to manual swap on my 02 civic ex and I was using the auto harness and auto ecu, everything was fine.
over the weekend I changed the engine harness to a manual one and I am still using the AUTO for now.
My problem is after i did the engine harness change over and start the car my oil light turns on. I check my oil and its full i also did an oil change last week.
is any other reasons why it would turn on??
it was fine when I had the Auto harness on..
could it be because I am using the auto ecu with a manual engine harness?
any help would be great thank you.
Old 10-18-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: oil light

either its a coincidence and your motor is fxcked or its a wiring problem. oil light has nothing to do with the oil level. the oil light notifies you if your oil pressure is under i think 7.5lbs of oil pressure. they call it the dummy light because if its on and the sensor is functioning the way its supposed to be it basically means replace your motor. because any motor under 7.5lbs oil pressure is damaged already. check your oil pressure sender wiring.. it either could be a bad connection, the sensor is broke, or it means your motor is ****ed. lol. more than likely its bad wiring.

Last edited by civicsrcool; 10-18-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 10-18-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by civicsrcool
either its a coincidence and your motor is fxcked or its obviously a wiring problem. oil light has nothing to do with the oil level. the oil light notifies you if your oil pressure is under i think 7.5lbs of oil pressure. they call it the dummy light because if its on and the sensor is functioning the way its supposed to be it basically means replace your motor. because any motor under 7.5lbs oil pressure is damaged already. check your oil pressure sender wiring, it could be a bad connection, the sensor is broke or it means your motor is ****ed. lol. more than likely its bad wiring.
where is the oil pressure sensor wiring?? is that the one to the left off the oil filter?
Old 10-18-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

the oil pressure sender is directly above the oil filter.
Old 10-18-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by civicsrcool
the oil pressure sender is directly above the oil filter.
ok i can't remember seeing one directly above the filter i remember one a little to the left and above the filter but I will check it out tomorrow.
I don't think my engine is messed up because it was working perfectly fine before I changed the harness but i hope its still fine and its just a sensor or a lose wire.
thank you for you help I will post back what I find.