problem with 96 accord. help! - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2008   #1  
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light
problem with 96 accord. help!

duno if this is the right forum, we don't seem to have the problems forum anymore..
this is for a friend. he has a 96 auto accord coupe. when idle, temp gauge increases above midpoint. when driving, temp is normal right below midpoint. radiator was recently changed. any help would be appreciated. thermostat will be changed soon.
speedricerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #2  
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light
Re: problem with 96 accord. help!

Well that would indicate to me that while sitting the cooling system is not getting enough flow to cool it....and what does cooling at idle....the cooling fans...

If the radiator was just changed - I would suspect possible retardation on behalf of the mechanic installing....I mean he might have left the fans unplugged...

I do however have a car in my shop that does the exact opposite.......we found a cracked cylinder head....
FoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #3  
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

^hmm.. i'll relay that info.. thanks for the reply.. any other things to look out for?
Old 04-25-2008   #4  
Registered!!

so the mechanic is telling my friend that "water is not circulating." im guessing he means the cooling system? duno..
Old 04-25-2008   #5  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well that means the thermostat isnt working, or the waterpump.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #6  
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

^I second gearbox
wheelspinLX is offline   Reply With Quote