Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

allmotor h22 help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008
nor cal 7thgens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
allmotor can only hope to improve
allmotor h22 help?

ok just checking to see if my h22 would still be safe to run....i recently did a full engine tune up (timming belt, spark plugs wires, iceman intake, p28 chipped ecu obd1 conversion tuned made 169hp and 139, water pump, thermostat, fuel and oil filter, oil change as well as radiator flush, new oil pan, pcv valve, 2 1/2 inch straight pipe, completely stock motor besides mods listed)...here is where it all went wrong not even a couple days daily driven it i found out the only thing i didnt replace (altenator) ended up having a cut wire outlet to the harness so it wasnt even plugged in i was wondering what happened until i found out that it died because of it. I have the battery and fuse box relocated perfectly to the trunk, and tried charging the battery. I already have the new f series alternator and i changed the housings on both so here is my main concern. The motor otherwise is healthy, but running the car in this state would it affect it or damage anything or just make it run into limp mode?
Old 03-25-2008
Registered!!

ONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura aboutONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura about
Re: allmotor h22 help?

Not quite sure of the question. Are you asking if there is any harm in running a car with a bad alternator besides it killing your battery and making it not run any more?
Old 03-26-2008
Registered!!

shortys1519 is an unknown quantity at this point

if the alternator is out it will just kill your battery very easily.
so if you fix it then your battery wont have to power your car.
and so it could affect your hp since the battery wont have a constant amount of power going to the engine when the battery starts to die.
i would say get it fixed just so you dont keep killing the battery. but thats just me
Old 03-26-2008
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shortys1519
if the alternator is out it will just kill your battery very easily.
so if you fix it then your battery wont have to power your car.
and so it could affect your hp since the battery wont have a constant amount of power going to the engine when the battery starts to die.
i would say get it fixed just so you dont keep killing the battery. but thats just me

The battery is used to supply power to starter in the starting system. It's then basically almost dead, but does not affect engine performance. Your alternator recharges the battery and supplies power to accessories. The battery does to, but its not the core. Alternating current is the key. As long as that alternator is spinning power will be supplied. Enough to recharge the battery back to its original state before it spent it on the starter.

Do you honestly think a battery alone can power an engine to run constantly without an alternator?
Old 03-26-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
Do you honestly think a battery alone can power an engine to run constantly without an alternator?
Yup. Not for very long, though. A buddy of mine and a friend of his were driving cross-country in an Explorer (I think) and a Jeep. The alternator died in the Jeep, so every 15 minutes they would swap batteries to recharge the dead one with the working alternator and run the Jeep.
Old 03-26-2008
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

oh...lol ok well not for very long so yea lol
Old 03-26-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Ha yeah little known fact.