Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Maybe squeaky belts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe squeaky belts?

Eh, I have what sounds like a squeaky belt of some kind. I think I'll get a video of it up or something, but does anyone know if there are any common problems with squeaky belts or squeaky parts, in the engine bay? It's just so annoying, I guess it's a pet peeve of mine. Reccommendations?
Old 02-28-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maybe squeaky belts?

usually the belt is too loose or too tight. the suspension can make squeaks in the winter when car is moving too.
Old 02-28-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't talk to me about squeaks......I got one that I can't figure out either that's definitely not the belts. Like gear said, check the tension on the belts. Could also be a bearing in the alt or PS pump.
Old 02-28-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Hm, I really need to get a chilton guide or something. Because I don't even know how to check the tension in the belts.
Old 02-28-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

get a haynes or something, doesnt have to be the big honda manual if you just need something for simple specs. but to answer your question, there are tools that measure deflection, or you can use your finger lol
Old 02-29-2008
Registered!!

carter is an unknown quantity at this point

i get this chingging noise when the wheels are moivnig seems to be coming from the tire area maybe the engine bay.. if the wheels stop moving noise goes away but if the wheels start moving noise comes back its like clinging of likee amillion nickles and dimes jus ringing off one anohter. I put it in N and rev da engine no sounds noothing only when wheels move Front OR Backwards.

ANY Ideaa?>??
Old 02-29-2008
Premium Member

wheel bearings? are your brakes okay? sometimes the wear indicators sound like that when the pads get low.
Old 02-29-2008
Registered!!

When i last check that site of the car ... (the only wheel i took off was that side) It had baout 35%-40% pad still left. I got some Brembo Blanks and Hawk pads to go on once the weather clearsup. Last time i checked was about a month ago so i guess pads are probably 30% or less.

Does that help?
Old 02-29-2008
Registered!!

I drove the car today just like 20min ago for a good 30min or so no noise.. It comes and goes... It could be the brakes but they make a sound like that they have such "indicators" ? How low should you go before you change the pads?
Old 02-29-2008
A long winded 7th genr

^Thank you carter.

Anywho. I'm getting my transmission repaired soon, if it doesn't go away after that, then I'll look into it more.
Old 02-29-2008
Registered!!

Sorry bro i thought you already had your problem solved.
Old 03-01-2008
A long winded 7th genr

^ha ha, it's all good I'm just messin with ya. I hope the squeaking problem goes away after I get the trans fixed. If not then I'll post back in here and see what I can dig up.