Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Waxing

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
foxmulder is an unknown quantity at this point
Waxing

Does anyone have any tips for cleaning/waxing a car such as what are the best products to use?
Old 06-04-2007
Ultra-Platinum Super Bonus Member

So.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really nice
Re: Waxing

ice by turtle wax is good, meguiars is good, and mother is amazing. i've used all three and all are good.
Old 06-04-2007
Registered!!

EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough

Black magic liquid wax is good. It got the best reviews on consumer reports last year. I've used that as well as meguiars and it is also very good.
Old 06-04-2007
Registered!!

foxmulder is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help, I might try mother since it's the only one I haven't used yet.
Old 06-04-2007
Registered!!

sidbradberry is an unknown quantity at this point

There's an article here http://www.cruisegb.com/cleaning-your-car.htm that may help you.
Old 06-04-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i normally use meguiars show car glaze every year, and for wax the turtle wax ultra gloss is really good but doesnt last too long. i just got into the optimum line and their sealer is very good. planning to switch to their liquid wax which i hear great things about.
Old 06-04-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

i only use meguiars, mothers, or turtle products. but meguiars give a good mirror shine to darker cars
Old 06-05-2007
Registered!!

Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point

Collinite's products are INSANELY durrable!!!! I'm talking about MONTHS of beeding!.
Old 06-05-2007
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

^^Yeah, I hear that stuff is good. But yet to try any since I cant buy them in stores.
Old 06-05-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

ive used a lot of waxes, eagle f1 tech wax, mothers, meguiars, zymol, blue coral, etc, since i work at wal-mart, i have every wax ever sold there cuz of the discount and all, and either mothers or zymol work best, however zymol tends to be hard to remove, unless u have a buffer. In my opinion, its much easier to wax if u have a buffer, and gives a much better shine PERIOD
Old 06-05-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah..key word, if you know how to use a buffer, if you dont, some crazy designs in the swirlss will happen. but i love Mothers and 3m....bodyshop quality!
Old 06-05-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

yea gotta b careful with a buffer, and 3m does make good stuff, i use that too, as well as polishing compound by turtle wax.
Old 06-06-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

miguires NXT gen wax........get the paste one......ITS THE BESTTTTTTTT

last long time, and its easy on, easy off....

dont get mothers.... that ***** hard to get on and off...n it doesnt last long.

turtle wax sucks....PERIOD... ive used almost all of em.
Old 06-06-2007
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

So far I've tried Turtle Wax Platinum Series , Telfon Wax and Meguires NXT liquid wax. Turtles Wax is good. The Telfon wax was a bitch to take off, but I dunno how long it was good for since I used it on my dad's car and currently using Meguires NXT wax on my car 2 weeks ago. Meguires seems to be holding well so far, easy on easy off.
Old 06-06-2007
Registered!!

clowry is an unknown quantity at this point

I have done detailing in the past, and my garage is filled with almost every wax known to man. The ones that I have liked the best were Eagle F1 Nano-Tech, and Zymol. I have found that Zymol gives the best shine out of any wax, but it is a little more expensive, and it is WAY harder to get off. Simple trick, DON"T LET IT HAZE TOO LONG!!! Otherwise you will be outside all day getting little blue flecks off your car. Do small sections at a time, and then buff them until you can't bear to look at that part any more. (NOTE! do not put two coats of Zymol on. And do not wax your car every month with Zymol. IF you use too much Zymol your car will streak like crazy EVERY time you wash it.) Zymol will leave a lot of little blue flecks on your car when you are done, you have two choices. You can use a lint-free cloth and just wipe down your entire car, or you can get a California Car Duster, and that takes less than a quarter of the time. The Duster also allows you to get all of that light dirt off between washes.
Old 06-07-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

I have used so many different waxes and polishes it boggles the mind.
But I must say Zymol has been the best by far it is very gentle and is made from natural ingredients.
If you follow the directions on the label it will outshine the competition.
spraying a mist of water on it before buffing it out is the secret.

Eagle-one nano-tech is also very good.
Old 06-08-2007
Registered!!

xcrxss is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Waxing

Hm, glad I saw this thread beings I plan to wax my car this weekend, but whats htis new **** "Ice" I heard thats like, amazing.
Old 06-09-2007
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough

Well i wash and wash my car today and i use'd the 3 step car wax from MOTHERS cost about ruff'ly around 70.00 with the towels good thing that the towel was on SALE lol ahahah.. but ne ways i think i got the best result from MOTHERS and i did from TURTLES.
Mothers 3 steps
Pre waxing cleaner
Sealer and Glaze
Carnauba Wax
Those 3 things will do the treat for best result jus gotta pay the lil extra.
Old 06-09-2007
Registered!!

Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe that Marine/boating dealerships or stores sell Collinite products. cause that stuff works GREAT for marine and boating fiberglass bodies aswell. I got my Collinite at my Local Harley Davidson Dealership, they sell it there LIKE WHOA!.
Old 06-22-2007
Registered!!

ancientpimp is an unknown quantity at this point

go to meguiars.com and watch the video how to's and also check out this video on rotary buffer and wetsanding etc.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6f8EQNVxxbw

if link dont work just search "wetsanding part 1 of 5" on youtube

learn how to properly wash and then "prep" (clay/scratch remover/paint cleaner) your paint b4 polishing and waxing. Its 2:30am and i'm too sleepy to type all the steps that i do. Just search for it on meguiars.com forums, hope that helps....