Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Turtle Wax ICE review!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Turtle Wax ICE review!

First off I would like to thank Turtle Wax for allowing me to try their products FREE of charge! The products all have straight forward directions that are easy to follow. I'll start with the ICE car wash with a comment my son made "mmmmm it smells good". The ICE car wash lathered up very nicely and did an excellent job of cleaning the dirt and grime off the car with minimal effort. Next I moved on to the ICE liquid clay bar that admittedly I was a little skeptical of how well it would work. To my surprise it worked very well at removing dirt and tree sap that was embedded in the paint. Being I have a black car it’s very easy to see scratches. It seems that the ICE liquid clay bar removed a large part of the swirl marks that were very visible before. It seems to have made it harder to see a lot of the larger scratch/scuff marks in the paint. It was getting late and dark when we were doing the liquid clay bar and I’m sure with a little more time and day light it would have ended in even better results. The following morning I started with the ICE polish that comes with its own micro fiber towel. The directions state to also use on all trim pieces painted, plastic, and rubber areas. This was a surprise being that usually you worry about getting some on rubber or plastic and it leaving it all white for life as it seems is the case with other products.

My overall impression of the ICE products was very satisfactory. The do exactly what they say they will, maybe even more! I would highly recommend these products to everyone. On a scale from 1-10 10 being the best I would easily give these products a 10 being the meet or exceed what they are designed to do.

I will be doing a separate review of the Turtle Wax Foam away on another vehicle soon.

Oldest son using the Liquid Clay bar.

After Liquid Clay bar

Scratches after Liquid clay bar

The money shots....... After wash, clay bar, and polish!

And the closest thing to a willing model i could find... My 18 year old daughter!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	afterliquidclaybar.jpg
Views:	5569
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	71201   Click image for larger version

Name:	afterliquidclaybarcratches.jpg
Views:	5465
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	71202   Click image for larger version

Name:	afterpolishgraf3.jpg
Views:	5442
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	71203   Click image for larger version

Name:	afterpolishgraf.jpg
Views:	5402
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	71204   Click image for larger version

Name:	afterpolishgraf2.jpg
Views:	5403
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	71205  

Click image for larger version

Name:	afterpolishtrain.jpg
Views:	5332
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	71206   Click image for larger version

Name:	afterwash.jpg
Views:	5618
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	71207   Click image for larger version

Name:	afterwashscratches.jpg
Views:	5659
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	71208   Click image for larger version

Name:	before.jpg
Views:	5712
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	71209   Click image for larger version

Name:	hoodbefore.jpg
Views:	5704
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	71210  

Click image for larger version

Name:	heathermodeling.jpg
Views:	5376
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	71211   Click image for larger version

Name:	sonusingliquidclaybar.jpg
Views:	5636
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	71212   Click image for larger version

Name:	trunkafterwash2.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	71213   Click image for larger version

Name:	trunkafterwash.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	71214  
Old 05-26-2007
Registered!!

filipinoguy05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Turtle Wax ICE review!

nice review? does the car have to be dry to use the wax?
Old 05-26-2007
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by filipinoguy05
nice review? does the car have to be dry to use the wax?
NO thats whats cool about it you sponge it on and wash it off!
Old 05-26-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

meh nice review but ive never been a fan of the ice products. their ultra gloss wax is really nice but it doesnt last long. im moving up tho and being more picky lately, i think next will be the opti-mum spray wax with UV protection, and their sealer which ive already been impressed with. after a while you find that store stuff doesnt cut it anymore for paint products.
Old 05-26-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

this is what i heard about the ice products... https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...s-new-ice.html

i asked about them some time back
Old 05-26-2007
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

moar pics of daughter...k thanx

good review bro!!
Old 05-26-2007
Registered!!

dizbstretch is an unknown quantity at this point

I use the ICE PRODUCT before and it was fine for me, i enjoy it, easy to apply and wipe off... yes you can apply in direct sunlight, but it does dry quicker so harder to wipe off, but still works... overall, im happy w/ the prod too, i use the polish the most... put 2coats on there really good and it does the job.. but yeah, at autogeek.net, i want to try those german name brand... heard really good thing about those prod and will purchase those when i decide i want to buy more prod for my car..

but yeah, dont beat the prod yet until you try it okay... yeah its not the best, but i like it and the guy who made this review likes it.. so its a good prod... under $20, go for it and see what you like..
Old 05-26-2007
BLDNPSI Mod

Originally Posted by robbclark1
moar pics of daughter...k thanx

good review bro!!

lol she's 18 but HANDS of

senior prom this year
Old 05-26-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

lol nice review always wanted to try but i got stuck with that black magic liquid polish...that muthafuca puts a shine that lasts on your car for a liquid wax...i'll post some pics one of these days. I usually wash with the turtle wax car wash thing, then use the black magic liquid wax and people come up and ask if i just got a new paint job the glare is crazy the shine is brilliant. Thats on the stock paint job 2.

Your daughter is hot haha
Old 06-15-2007
Registered!!

95speedT is an unknown quantity at this point

ice sucks....doesnt last for crap...sry just personal opinion.
try Zymol, swear by the stuff. ya its expensive. but u get what you pay for
Old 06-15-2007
Registered!!

gsniper666 has a spectacular aura aboutgsniper666 has a spectacular aura aboutgsniper666 has a spectacular aura about

nice pics... cool review.. beautiful girl... congrats on the hat trick
Old 06-16-2007
Registered!!

EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough

too bad turtle wax ice couldnt make your tails look any better.
ZING!!! jk Great pics btw
Old 09-21-2007
Registered!!

flyingpoint is an unknown quantity at this point

Which was your favorite product?
Old 09-21-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

all of them worked together to make the car look good. you cant just use one and have it work perfectly.

bump on pics of the daughter :P
Old 09-21-2007
Registered!!

CivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura aboutCivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura about

Car looks shiny but ICE products don't compare to Meguiar's wax products. There 3 step is untouchable <---- yeah it does take forever but the results are ridic...Best wax on the market (thats affordable)...Meguiars Tech Wax!!!
Old 09-21-2007
Registered!!

CivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura aboutCivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura about

Meguiar's 3 Step Results
Old 09-21-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

eh thats like bottom of the barrel stuff. i dont even buy my wax at the store anymore lol. and meguiars has much better polish and cleaner than the 3step whatever.
Old 09-21-2007
Registered!!

YuckerDisMe is an unknown quantity at this point

wow, beautiful girl and car
Old 09-22-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

I use 3M products when I do most of my cleaning....