Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

help asap overheating/no heat in heater???

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura about
help asap overheating/no heat in heater???

hey guys... need hlep just bought ems. and we went tuninin last night.car was good till end when i smelled burning collant and seen smoke. flushed sytem. thought maybe air bubbles. i had teh little hose pop off my radiatior at the top by the cap. zip tied it down.no signs of blown head gasket. no white smoke or water in oil. my heaters blows hot air when im on highway but at idle or local strrets its cold.....=((
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

AThompson18 is an unknown quantity at this point
after u flushed it does it overheat still if you get on it and then let it sit. If so then my guess would be blown head gasket. I had the same problem, no heat at stop and overheating and i had a blown headgasket. Our cars are notorious for it. Our stock head bolts can handle the added pressure with turbo. thats my guess. Hope u fix it.
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

HwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura about
but woudlnt a blown headgasket have white smoke in exhust and water in oil?

i have none of thoses
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

ima gonna go buy a thhermostat 2 day and hopefully that fixes it. last resort would be headgasket fix..
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

where is my thermostat located i have 04 ex coupe manual...
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough
^^^^ its your head gasket more than likely. i had the same problem and my head gasket was bad. ill find where the thermostat on your civic is.
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough
im pretty sure 03 and 04 are the same. so if you just follow your lower radiator hose to the engine you should find the thermostat housing. radatior fan switch is screwed into this housing as well. take out 2 10mm bolts and then replace the headgaset and but the bolts back in. You will lose some coolant in the process just hold the hose up when changing it.
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

mr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the rough
aye mang...check your fans....cuz since your motor runs fine on the highway but when in city driving or at idle it overheats...your fans may not be coming on.
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

^^^^ well highway driving you have all that air blowing onto your radiator which helps to cool things down. this causes your car to not overheat. as soon as you hit city driving its all stop and go, meaning if yours got a problem its going to overheat.

the wind travel on the highway plays a pretty big thing... same thing happened to me.
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

car is actin good now.. purged cooling system no more overheating... just havin prob of collant shooting out of my reserv tank im preatty sure judging the way the splash is in my engin ebay. and heater has no hot air while idle or city driving.i just bought a 180 degree thermostata .. gasket comes in 2morrow..
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
I have the same problem now and just waiting for a chance to change the head gasket. You wont notice it overheating for another couple of days cuz you need to give your radiator a chance to get all teh coolant outta there.
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

ok..changed back to emanage and still having problem// ima proly take 2 a shop and have headgasket changed and since they will have it have them put in thermostat also..
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

AThompson18 is an unknown quantity at this point
dude it is your headgasket. You do not need white smoke to tell you that. Not always does white smoke come out. If you dont change it soon the coolant will thin out your oil causing very bad problems
Old 03-19-2007

xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
i had the same problem on a customers car.. at first we thought it was the thermostat cause upper rad hose was hot but bottom was cold.. changed that out.. now he had the problem of it being fine on the freeway and hot at the stop light.. come to find out his radiator fan went to.. i suggest let your car idle and hood popped open.. let car warm up.. if the needle goes up and fan dont come on.. fan might have went... test the fan and see if it still works.. at least that will eliminate one problem.. and its easy to do besides the head gasket
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

^^^^^^ head gasket, thats what it is...... if thats out your fan wont turn on because you dont have enough hot coolant flowing to trip the fan switch. this will cause overheating, low coolant and the fan not turning on. get the gasket fixed immediately. it will only blow white smoke if the head gasket is blown really bad.
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

ok..he doing a compression test for me. im gettin the head gasketer in 2 morrow. oem honda one. my friend gets them discount..
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

i hope that fixes it.. this f*+ken sucks. im so dissapointed rye now. i hate f**ken to have 2 keep fillin up the radiator with coollant..
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

i hope no engine damage is done... ima have him installl my arps while he does the head gasket... i hope that fixes it cuz i didnt plan on doing my engine build this soon an di have no back up car
Old 03-20-2007

CecDogsVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
See my thread...

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...ets-fixed.html
Old 03-23-2007
Registered!!

Re: help asap overheating/no heat in heater???

car going into shop.. ill let u knwo what happens 3000 bucks later!!=) hehehehhe
Old 03-23-2007

CecDogsVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

It's going to be a Head Gasket or Heater Core.
Old 03-23-2007
Registered!!

00turboSI is an unknown quantity at this point

ya, i've had alot of overheating problems as well. sounds like a head gasket just like everyone has already said, most the time, ur oil will turn milky, or oil in the coolant, dipstick may look fine, but change the oil and see if its a brownish color at all.