3 Quartz Of Trnsmission Oil And What Else? - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2006   #1
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
3 Quartz Of Trnsmission Oil And What Else?

Me and my father are gonna change my transmission oil tomorrow on my 01 civic coupe auto... So like an hour ago I went to the honda dealer to buy the stuff I need... So all I bought was 3 transmission quartz.... So when I get home he tells me let me see what you got and I show him and he says wheres the rest. I'm like what you mean wheres the rest and he says for it and leaves to him room.... Can some one help me out and tell me if theres something else I suppose to get?
IrockCivics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #2
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute
a trans drain plug crush washer. and thats it.
dopes6070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #3
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
hummm.... yeah, there isn't much to get. The filter is internal and you will have to take the transmission pan off to get to it, in other words it's not replaceable. All you do is take the drian plug off, drain about 3 quarts out, clean the drain plug, replace the drain plug and put 3 quarts in. You may need a funnel to put the new fluid in, it's not like the oil, you have to pour it down the hole the dipstick goes in, that's tricky without a funnel.
Jrfish007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #4
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
its very easy to change....
Devani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #5
Registered!!

ctx66 will become famous soon enoughctx66 will become famous soon enough
He probably thinks 3qt's isnt enough fluid. Other cars usually take more.
ctx66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #6
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
nice im going to do mine today
goodtimes is offline   Reply With Quote