air filter replacement (aem sri) - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2006   #1  
Registered!!

DaSilverCivic will become famous soon enough
air filter replacement (aem sri)

i've researched and researched, pls dn't flame. as said on title, it's for an "aem sri" for an 01 coupe.

i want to replace the air filter and i'm so lost as to how i go by getting one. i went to strauss to go get a k&n air filter since from my understanding, the air filter on the aem are k&n. now i dn't know what the product number is and the people in strauss dn't know ****, like me.
i'm so retarted b/c i dn't even know the size if it's 2.25/2.5" or if it's 3", i just dn't remember.

anyway's ive read about just getting a cleaning kit, but by the look of my intake, it's almost dark gray that i just want to replace it. i would pay the money to be on the safe side. all the help would be greatly appreciated, please
DaSilverCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #2  
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
Hey man, well I have an AEM SRI w/ a dryflow filter on it, I'm not sure if that's what you have, but anyway you could get a cleaner and probably be okay (so long as it's dryflow) you can get it at www.tirerack.com. I'm sure you can find a filter replacement online, did you look on aem.com? The cleaner DOES do a pretty good job, my filter was pretty nasty and the cleaner made look new.
Kevbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #3  
Registered!!

yea i really thought about getting the cleaner, but being **** as i am, i would be comfortable to know i have a fresh new filter . . .
crazy as it is i want to get a new filter, mayb that new dryflow filter.

i highly doubt that my filter is a dryflow, i got it before dryflow came out on our cars, i beleive, not sure.

anyways, i do prefer something new and from there i'll maintain it with the cleaner. my mistake was that i never maintained mine and now i want something fresh. i do appreciate your help. any more would be great.
Old 10-11-2006   #4  
Registered!!

http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=93

out of the list on the bottom, how do i know which is the application for our car??
Old 10-11-2006   #5  
Registered!!

nevermind, sorry to waste all your time, got my answer!!!
Old 10-11-2006   #6  
Registered!!

redrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura about
I use K&N filter cleaning kit on my AEM filter. They are not K&N but they are basically the same so...If you do want to go with getting a new K&N, find a Napa auto parts store or somethign, they will have a book of different sizes and styles of K&N filters it will say something like, Diameter = 5", Inlet diameter = 2.5" and length roughly 6".
redrocket600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #7  
Registered!!

redrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura about
well, then nevermind me
Old 10-11-2006   #8  
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSilverCivic View Post
http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=93

out of the list on the bottom, how do i know which is the application for our car??
yeah it looks like that page has what you're looking for, just stick a dryflow filter on there
Kevbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006   #9  
Registered!!

Yeah, mine isn't a dry flow so if yours is then obviously it doesnt' need to be replaced but if you do replace, def go with the dry flow!