Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

just scheduled 60k checkup

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Exclamation just scheduled 60k checkup

I just called the dealership. They gave me an estimate of 350 or so with parts included. I told them not to mess with the stock intake because i'm going to replace it soon, He said something about changing spark plugs. I was thinking I could buy some better sparkplugs and have them instal thoes instead of the honda junk. So, whats a pretty good sparkplug that I can pick up in the next few days (not order from the net) for the 01 LX?

Also, (a 2 part question) what other things can I do to reduce the cost of the 60k checkup. I'm not into changing fluids and bleeding stuff, not that technically advanced. But should I buy air condioner filters or some junk like that would help reduce the cost of getting ripped off by them?

thanks in advance guys/gals.

OH--I have to drop off wednesday night so let me know quickly please! thnx
Old 09-12-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura about
Denso, ngk!! Iridiums if you want to spent 40 or 50 bucks.
Old 09-12-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
dont do it! they hardly do anything for that service. you can get things done separately for maybe $100
Old 09-21-2006
rhein05 has been mutated to cIvIc_xyza

cIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nicecIvIc_xyza is just really nice
dont forget its the stealership not dealership.. just buy a haynes manual and do the tuneup urself.. if tehy can do it.. why cant u???
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
i was gonna ask what do they do for the 60k service. i heard that they change tranny fluid and coolant as well as oil, filters, rotate tires....blah blah....

but do they check alignments? esp if the car has been lowered? any Honda mechanics/techs???
Old 09-21-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
trans fluid $50, coolant $30, oil $30, filters $30 for all, see how it doesnt add up? they overcharge everything! and no they do not rotate or align anything
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
damn....that sux then....guess it'll have to wait til i get back from deployment....
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point
is that 60K maint needed?. at 60K miles, am i going to have to do something like that to my car?. i thought it was like 80 or 90K miles when everything like that has to be done?
Old 09-21-2006
Premium Member

well assuming you drive about 10k per year, alot comes up at 60k. coolant, brake fluid (every 3 yrs), trans fluid, oil maybe, and well thats about it.