Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Napa Gold filters

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Napa Gold filters

Anyone used these filters?

I purchased one at my last oil change because I heard they were excellent, but I feel it may be contributing to an oil issue. at every start up, the oil pressure light comes on as normal and then goes out, but it will come back on for a second then go back out. It has only done this since the last oil change. I am going to change it to the honda OEM filter and see if that was the issue, but wondering if anyone else had issues with this filter. It may be another problem like a worn engine or pump or even a bad oil pressure switch, but with the cheap filter, I can swap that in.
Old 08-06-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ctx66 will become famous soon enoughctx66 will become famous soon enough
I've only used a napa gold once, but i use wix all the time, and they're the exact same things. Never had any problems with the oil light. Are you using 5w-20?
Old 08-06-2006
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
no I use 5w-30. I have been using it for awhile now. I have always contimplated about going back to 5w-20, but with 121K miles, 5w-30 seems right.
Old 08-06-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
I've used Napa filters for awhile and they are great. I'm sure you're oil issue has nothing to do with the filter.
Old 08-06-2006
Registered!!

ctx66 will become famous soon enoughctx66 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by scansel912
I'm sure you're oil issue has nothing to do with the filter.
But oil pressure does. It also affects the oil pump. I'd try running 5w-20 on your next oil change. Easier on your oil pump and better flow at startup.
Old 08-06-2006
Registered!!

I may try that. It seems if I turn the key to the on position and hold it there for a few seconds before starting the problem doesnt occur.
Old 08-06-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
hmm thats more of a fuel problem then..
Old 08-06-2006
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
nappa filters are what we carry when some car other than a honda comes into the shop. That should give you some piece of mind
Old 08-06-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
hmm thats more of a fuel problem then..
I dont have any fuel issue. just once in a while when turning the car on, oil light comes back on for a second then goes out.

already have checked the oil level and its correct. What I need to do is hook up a oil pressure tester and see what its doing at startup. that way I will have more of an idea.

Just thought the filter may be an issue as it only started doing this after the last oil change.
Old 08-06-2006
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
ive never had any issues with mine