Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Brake Fluid - How often to Flush Motul RBF 600?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
reddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to all
Brake Fluid - How often to Flush Motul RBF 600?

Hey:

So, I went to the local speed shop and picked up a couple quarts of Redline MTL for my tranny, and figured I'd let the guy talk me into maybe... $21.50 of impulse buy. So, I emerged with 2 500 mL's of Motul RBF 600 racing brake fluid, knowing as I did that I have a set of Hawk HPS+ pads and brembo rotors waiting to be installed.

I know this is very good stuff on the track, and that it will probably give me some very good results in pedal feel... However, I don't want to flush the damn brake fluid every 3-6 months.

If anyone is using this stuff, how long will it go on the street before you start feeling it go mushy and / or need to flush it? I'll be putting it in his on time just to see what it feels like, but I hope in 6 months this thread will be full of people with some times and I'll be able to average out how long people let it go in their systems.

My driving habits are hard daily driving, lots of highway miles. I don't think I'll be getting into auto-X or anything, but its nice to have the peace of mind with good vital oils flowing through my car. I'll also probably replace the clutch fluid / bleed clutch master and slave with the RBF as well.

So, have at it :-) Any advice is appreciated.
Old 06-23-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
You'll be doing that stuff at least once a year. If you haven't opened it, then just take it back, get ATE.
Old 06-13-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
reddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to all
Re: Brake Fluid - How often to Flush Motul RBF 600?

Holy resurrected thread, batman...

I changed the RBF the other day when doing my wheel cylinders and it was dark, but not coffee brown. Replaced with ATE super blue. It feels about the same.

I'd probably change it every 6-8 months if I did it with the motul stuff again. It felt awesome for a few months, then became almost like stock.