Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Fp60

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lcd
don't worry about it what's the order number? I'll throw one in.

FYI if you ordered the quarts no need for measuring bottle. Measuring bottle is for when gallons are ordered.
sweet, thanks!

my order # is 2006-01-1721
Old 01-19-2006
lcd
Registered!!

lcd is an unknown quantity at this point
I checked your order and you ordered 2 quarts so there is really no need for the measuring bottle as it has an ounce measuring chamber on the bottle.
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, i've been using the FP60 for maybe 5,000m and the car runs nice and smooth. I just pulled my spark plugs (Denso IK20's) and tuned my idle, the plugs were all nice and evenly burned and the idle is super smooth. Even though i'm always worried about the mixture amount, the car definatly runs better, no doubt about it.
Old 01-19-2006
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Yeah, my F150 is much nicer at idle and even running on the road. It doesn't seem to stress as much carring heavy loads either.

The real plus is that I go from mid 11 MPG to low 14 MPG with using it.
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

civic_newbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey LCD....any chance your company ships that stuff overseas? By all the comments it sounds like good stuff and would like to try it....By the way I'm in Australia
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
LCD do you guys have any more % off codes for us 7th gen'ers? i've been waiting for one to come around, cuz i missed the first one i think.
Old 01-20-2006

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by xkimsungminx
LCD do you guys have any more % off codes for us 7th gen'ers? i've been waiting for one to come around, cuz i missed the first one i think.

There was just one that ended at the end of last year
Old 01-20-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
is the current customer code still good or did everything expire for us?
Old 01-20-2006

Originally Posted by gearbox
is the current customer code still good or did everything expire for us?

Not sure.
Old 01-20-2006
lcd
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xkimsungminx
We are trying to get APO to carry the products. Give them a call 61 3 5472 4383 and ask them if they have plans to carry them.

The more interest they see the better chance we have in getting them to carry them.
Old 01-20-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lcd
I checked your order and you ordered 2 quarts so there is really no need for the measuring bottle as it has an ounce measuring chamber on the bottle.
ah, I see ... thanks

coupon codes? ... this stuff isn't expensive ... why would you guys need coupon codes? ;P
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
And seriously you get so much of it. A gollon doesnt sound like that much but trust me it will last for a couple of months to a year.
Old 01-25-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

okay, I just put in 5 oz of LC20 in and 3 oz of FP60 in.

I haven't driven around -too- much ... about 15 miles. I have noticed that my car is very much smoother ... better throttle response (could be in my head though) and maybe a little more power. I haven't done any WOT runs ... but I doubt I'd notice anything from that anyway.

Overall, pretty good ... I like how smooth my rpms climb
Old 01-25-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
the engine is alot smoother on the highway due to lc20. after about a month you will be saying wow
Old 01-25-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

yeah, we'll see what happens.

I had 45 miles on this tank when I put in both ... typically I get 260 miles per tank (10 gallons exactly). It is typically very consistant as well

unfortunately, I am due for an oil change in 1000 miles (5000 miles).

Do you add 1oz per quart of oil every fresh oil change? or is that just for the very first time only?
Old 01-25-2006
Premium Member

yup add 1oz for every quart when you get the oil changed every time. then 1 oz every 1k to replace what burns off.
Old 01-25-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

ah, very good ... thanks. I was rather confused about that
Old 01-25-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
every week I go up to the advanced auto parts and ask the manager when they are getting Fp60 in....he just keeps saying its not on his vendors list or something......I told him to go to lubecontrol.com andI hope he has by now....I saw him getting some guy to buy like a 6 months supply of lucas gas additive poooooor car....
Old 01-25-2006
lcd
Registered!!

Shroomster.....appreciate you talking it up to the manager at Advanced Auto Parts.

When you see him next ask him what it takes to get on the vendor list!
Old 01-25-2006
Premium Member

i was trying that with autozone. i'm talking to the manager today maybe to see what needs to be done cause their other products are useless.
Old 01-25-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lcd
Shroomster.....appreciate you talking it up to the manager at Advanced Auto Parts.

When you see him next ask him what it takes to get on the vendor list!
will do!
Old 01-30-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

a little update ...

I do notice my car is much, much smoother ... however, my car bogs when I start driving from a stop. I just shrugged it off I guess ...

I left my LC20 in my friend's car and did my oil change yesterday. My car doesn't bog anymore ... the great throttle response seems to have come back. I then went to goto my friend's work to pick up my LC20 and put 5 oz in ... my car bogs now. It doesn't bog badly... nothing too crazy, but I do still notice that the acceleration is smoother when driving.

My gas milage actually hasn't changed too much ... maybe +1mpg. My driving habits haven't changed either though ... oh well. we'll see as time passes.

anyone know if you add the lc20 to your MTF?
Old 01-30-2006
Premium Member

it says what you can add lc20 to on thier site. i'm not sure why your car bogs, maybe it needs time to clean out all the carbon and then it will be fine? give it a month at least. i gained 5-6mpg after using both for a while.
Old 01-30-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

well, I did my oil change and I couldn't add any until I picked it up from my friend's work. After I did the oil change, my throttle response was great ... after I got it back and put it in, it bogs again. No idea why.

Does the LC20 thicken up the oil or something?

but yeah ... it definitely hasn't been a month.

I did notice my oil was jet black though ... I don't know if that's a good sign or not. I went 5000 miles on my Amsoil. However, recommended drain intervals by Amsoil are 25,000 miles... I would never, ever go that far haha... it just wouldn't feel right
Old 01-30-2006
Premium Member

well with lc20 you could go upto 10k safely. i only go 5k. the thing with my civic is after an oil change it feels really sluggish when driving til i get the lc20 in there. its supposed to make the oil better at lubricating and not really change the viscosity. but its main purpose is to stabilize the oil so it lasts longer, aside from dissolving carbon. like i said, you might just have way too much carbon crap in there which would explain black oil. so give it time. i too noticed that the car would take off faster after 1k when it was time to add more lc20, but it would suck at accelerating and at freeway speeds. with the lc20, it feels like the engine wants to keep going faster.