Fuel Mileage for 2002-05 Civic Si/SiR - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2005   #1  
Registered!!

Koho65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel Mileage for 2002-05 Civic Si/SiR

For anyone with a 2002-05 Civic Si/SiR, just curious as to what kind of mileage you are getting both city and highway. EPA suggests 26/30 respectively. I am only getting about 24 right now and that seems really low considering Honda's reputation for good mileage. I am from Canada so that works out to about 10L/100KM. Can anyone please let me know what they are getting?

I installed a K&N Tyhpoon SR system about a year and a half ago. This was supposed to give me better mileage. I also have a backfire issue that I am convinced is contributing to poor mileage. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

"keep your stick on the ice"
Koho65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005   #2  
Registered!!

thekuai will become famous soon enoughthekuai will become famous soon enough
EPA considers ideal driving conditions such as: you obey speed limits and accelerate gently. I get about 24-28 mpg...but im heavy on the gas sometimes....also remember when you warm up your car, leave your car running you hurt your fuel mileage. Just make sure that your tires are properly inflated. You will probably NEVER get what the EPA suggests you will get ....i drive 2004-2006 ford explorers at work and we get betweem 8.7-10 mpg (as indicated by the information center) when the EPA suggests we get 15 MPG
thekuai is offline   Reply With Quote