Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

fuel injector cleaner / techron

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
simonchan83 is an unknown quantity at this point
fuel injector cleaner / techron

Hey guys. Just wondering if any of u guys used the Chevron Fuel injector cleaner or technron. Does it really help?
Old 10-23-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i used it constantly for 20k miles and used chevron gas. Does NOTHING. Here is the proof. Here are the pistons, and thats after we tried to wipe off the carbon with brake cleaner. It was alot worse. You want something that works, goto www.lubecontrol.com

Old 10-23-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
dont buy any of those cheap fuel injectors cleaners at the stores. Since 1995 Injector cleaning detergents has been required in all gaoline. SO basically you buy what gas already has.

Now there are products out there that are alot better. I have yet to use lubcontrol products, but I hear good things from them, but if you want to clean your injectors, they have fuel injection cleaning kits on the market that run fuel injector cleaner though the fuel system. The car runs on the cleaner for a fuel minutes. You disable the fuel system while doing it. It is kinda expensive, but will do the job. Alot of auto shops also use this method for injector cleaning. You can also use top end cleaner to get rid of the carbon buildup on the piston tops and valves.
Old 10-23-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Just use lubecontrol products. I know they work cause I gained 4-6mpg after using and the car is faster and more responsive. They have been around 40+ years.
Old 10-24-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by streetglower
dont buy any of those cheap fuel injectors cleaners at the stores. Since 1995 Injector cleaning detergents has been required in all gaoline. SO basically you buy what gas already has.

Well... that's only partially true. Since the US is kind of centered around oil companies, they have quite a bit of pull politically. It's expensive for them to put the fuel cleaner in, so when that bill was being passed, Congress and the oil companies made a compromise to only put half of the recommended (by the SAE) amount in. So yes you are correct, there is fuel cleaner in the fuel you buy, but not enough.
Old 10-24-2005
My Baby Daddy

PlasmaGT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gearbox
Just use lubecontrol products. I know they work cause I gained 4-6mpg after using and the car is faster and more responsive. They have been around 40+ years.
Any pics as proof that they work better than techron?
Old 10-24-2005

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by PlasmaGT
Any pics as proof that they work better than techron?

No pics, but I can say that I support it (I'm a chemical engineer, in other words I have significant training in knowing what makes good fuel and what the bs, this isn't bs stuff); tribologist with over 30 years of experience; and countless truck drivers, these people depend on the truck for to roll for millions of miles and every time they break down is a time they may not have enough money to put food on the table for their kids. I'm guessing they won't do anything to harm their truck.
Old 10-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tacheon is on a distinguished road
I don't believe pictures posted of the pistons posted above really prove anything as it isn't compared against a similar engine with similar use with any other gasoline or additive. In effect it shows the results without any comparison.

On a related note, see the links below.
I don't know if you all have heard about Top Tier gasoline.

http://www.toptiergas.com/index.html
http://www.honda.ca/Honda/YourHonda/...ction6.htm?L=E
Old 10-24-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
ive used all the differnet gas treatments, and none of them really seem to do anythign. now ive had a mechanic tell me to use the injector cleaner once a month. the only thing that works is when you pay a shop to clean the injectors for you
Old 10-24-2005

Well, to notice a difference, your car must be bad. The idea is htat you prevent you car from becoming bad.
Old 10-24-2005
Premium Member

even my friend with a saturn (16k miles) noticed better pickup. this stuff not only cleans but also increases power of the gas.
Old 10-24-2005
Premium Member

Originally Posted by tacheon
I don't believe pictures posted of the pistons posted above really prove anything as it isn't compared against a similar engine with similar use with any other gasoline or additive. In effect it shows the results without any comparison.

On a related note, see the links below.
I don't know if you all have heard about Top Tier gasoline.

http://www.toptiergas.com/index.html
http://www.honda.ca/Honda/YourHonda/...ction6.htm?L=E

yes i know its not the best test. it just looked like alot of carbon for an engine thats seen techron in gas and concentrate for 20k miles. The only proof i have that fp60 works is better gas mileage, both city and highway. i've tried 5 other store brands and they never did a thing.
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

GMoore is an unknown quantity at this point
Techron works for keeping your injectors clean. Especially,when cheap gas is used. If all the gas and oil additives worked why aren't they already added to the product. What else do the fuel and lubricant manufacturers put out money to add too their product besides techron.
Old 10-27-2005
Premium Member

well they're not gonna tell you their secrets, but as long as it works I'm happy. I consider going from 20 to 26mpg city to be working. Techron never increased power or mileage. With lubecontrol stuff, I just add it to the gas and can feel power difference immediately.
Old 10-27-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
do you add it every tank or what?
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

pnoiracer is an unknown quantity at this point
damn.. i've been using chevron and techron every 3000 miles... so there's no point of doing this? I should stop buyin' this or what?
Old 10-28-2005
Premium Member

techron doesn't work. I used it 20k miles every 3k and nothing. No better mileage, no cleaning carbon. And I used chevron gas during the same time. Its all hype. Get lubecontrol products. Once you try, you'll see that they work. I usually get 3-5 gallons of gas and just add 1 ounce of fp60 each time. It keeps everything clean and gives more power.
Old 10-28-2005
My Baby Daddy

techron doesn't work. I used it 20k miles every 3k and nothing. No better mileage, no cleaning carbon. And I used chevron gas during the same time. Its all hype. Get lubecontrol products. Once you try, you'll see that they work. I usually get 3-5 gallons of gas and just add 1 ounce of fp60 each time. It keeps everything clean and gives more power.
I see people talking about this stuff, but is there any documented proof of what it does. You say it adds more power, but is this factual or just butt dyno power?
Old 10-28-2005

I see people talking about this stuff, but is there any documented proof of what it does. You say it adds more power, but is this factual or just butt dyno power?

They do not claim it will add power, only recover lost power. Since the lost power is dependant on every car, how can you make an accurate measurement. My Integra it helps greatly because the injectors are so worn and have poor spray pattern, hence I do feel more power with it. My new truck on the other hand, I feel no more power, but see a huge increase in MPG (huge for a V8 truck anyway). Every car I've used it I've gotten consistantly better MPG, then I stop using it and it goes back down... No solid proof, but I should keep a spreadsheet.
Old 10-28-2005
My Baby Daddy

Originally Posted by Jrfish007
They do not claim it will add power, only recover lost power. Since the lost power is dependant on every car, how can you make an accurate measurement. My Integra it helps greatly because the injectors are so worn and have poor spray pattern, hence I do feel more power with it. My new truck on the other hand, I feel no more power, but see a huge increase in MPG (huge for a V8 truck anyway). Every car I've used it I've gotten consistantly better MPG, then I stop using it and it goes back down... No solid proof, but I should keep a spreadsheet.
I was replying to Gearbox's claim that it "gave more power". I'm interested in the product, but hesitant, because many of these cleaners make unsubstantiated claims
Old 10-28-2005

I was replying to Gearbox's claim that it "gave more power". I'm interested in the product, but hesitant, because many of these cleaners make unsubstantiated claims

What I said is more or less what they says on their website. LC does not claim it will make more power, only that it can help recover lost power, particuarly in higher milage cars that have lost power with use and abuse. I don't think it is appropriate to claim it will make MORE power, the company doesn't even say this, I think what gearbox ment is that it helps recover lost power.
Old 10-28-2005
Premium Member

well somewhere it says the fp60 increases the potential energy of the fuel. Its something you may or may not notice. It just feels like you bought the best gas out there when you use it. I can feel a difference when I don't add it. Haha the car is addicted now cause as soon as I stopped using one of em, the car feels very sluggish like after an oil change or gas fillup. After using lc20, I immediately noticed how smooth the engine was above 65mph. It just wants to keep going. But yea all the power is butt dyno except for the fact that lc20 lubricates better than dino alone. But you can't argue with the gas mileage. I have never gotten 42mpg highway until I used it. And the last time I saw 26mpg city was 2 years ago.
Old 10-28-2005
My Baby Daddy

.....I have never gotten 42mpg highway until I used it.
I've been consistently getting ~40mpg without any additives. I might try this stuff out and see if I can get anything better.
Old 10-28-2005
Premium Member

PM me your email so i can forward you the discount codes. I think they still work.
Old 11-01-2005
Registered!!

dapakione is an unknown quantity at this point
i noticed more of a difference in my cars that are bad, my civics arent really that bad so i dont expect much, ive used them many times also....
Old 11-01-2005

I've been consistently getting ~40mpg without any additives. I might try this stuff out and see if I can get anything better.

since you are already getting 40MPG I'm guessing you're car is pretty clean, you probably get good gas to start with. The real problem comes in the gas that you buy, many stations (even big name ones) don't change the pump filter as often as they should which means they can have crap in their gas, which then leads to problems. In Ohio for instance, there is really nobody to check to see if the filter are being replaced, so generally station owners just let it go until the filters are really bad, buy which point they allow junk through, hence the need for cleaning. If you go someplace that changes the filters when they are suppose to, you really don't need anything. but that's just IMO.
Old 11-01-2005
Registered!!

dapakione is an unknown quantity at this point
can you really expect a $5 (at most) bottle of injector cleaner to do wonders on your ULEV car (i know emissions got nothing to do with anything) but our cars were built to retain high gas mileage is what im trying to get at.....
Old 11-02-2005

Originally Posted by dapakione
can you really expect a $5 (at most) bottle of injector cleaner to do wonders on your ULEV car (i know emissions got nothing to do with anything) but our cars were built to retain high gas mileage is what im trying to get at.....

LC20 (the lube control stuff) is not $5 a bottle. Infact you can not even by it normal retail stores.
Old 11-02-2005
Ill punch you in the face before you visit Myspace

SinaloaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
LC20 (the lube control stuff) is not $5 a bottle. Infact you can not even by it normal retail stores.
really?!?!?!? ummm like what stores???

-PeTeY!! ::EM2::
Old 11-02-2005
Premium Member

any auto store. its only available through their website.

Quick Reply: fuel injector cleaner / techron