Honda Type 2 50/50 Coolant - where to get? - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2005   #1
Registered!!

nyyanks81 will become famous soon enoughnyyanks81 will become famous soon enough
Honda Type 2 50/50 Coolant - where to get?

My coolant level when cold is at the min line while at hot it gets like 1 inch above the min line. Should I top it off to the max?

Is there any place online to buy this stuff or should I just get it at the Honda dealer? How much should I be expected to pay for a gallon of the Honda pre mix coolant at the dealer?
nyyanks81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #2
Registered!!

Iamk1t is an unknown quantity at this point
Get it hot then top it off to the max line...

Only place I've found honda type II coolant is at a honda dealership.
Iamk1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #3
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
expect to pay about $10 or so for each gallon of the honda coolant. Its not cheap, but it is already premixed.
streetglower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005   #4
30 Years Driving Japanese Autos

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
$10 sounds like a fair price from Honda (sort of) I paid $17 for a gallon of Toyota OEM fluid. I would stick with Honda brand.

The level will jump around a lot depending on outside temps.

I always check mine when hot and top it to the full level.

Last edited by CraigW; 08-15-2005 at 07:20 PM.
CraigW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #5
Registered!!

nyyanks81 will become famous soon enoughnyyanks81 will become famous soon enough
I just went to the dealer and paid 14.99 + tax for a gallon.

Anyone know what the shelf life of this stuff is?
nyyanks81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #6
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyanks81
I just went to the dealer and paid 14.99 + tax for a gallon.

Anyone know what the shelf life of this stuff is?
I dont think there is a shelf life expectancy for the coolant. If it can sit in a car for 100,000 miles with normal driving, I am sure it can sit on the shelf for a few years or longer.
streetglower is offline   Reply With Quote