Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

FP effectiveness at 5k intervals?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flashlightboy is an unknown quantity at this point
FP effectiveness at 5k intervals?

lcd,

Your products get rave reviews at BITOG and I'd like to ask about FP and its effectiveness.

To be blunt, it's a pain in my patootie to add product every tankful because you need a container, it has to be measured and so on. I did this for a couple of years with RL Complete Fuel System Cleaner but stopped doing so for these reasons.

Now I'm adding a cleaner (Techron or RL) at the last fill up before my regular 5k oil changes. What did kind of performance can I expect from FP with this change interval?
Old 03-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LubeControl.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Flashlightboy,

Thanks for your question. I understand your feelings about adding every tankfull. We will have a self measuring 32oz bottle soon which helps.

The only thing I can say is treating with FP every tankfull treats the fuel you burn and keeps carbon from building up. Using Techron ot RL (both good products) are to remove carbon already built up. Why let it even build up in your engine? You can certainly try FP every 5000 miles and add more than the 1oz per 5 gallons and see what effects it has. FP is gentle cleaner unlike techron and RL (hence they say to use every 5000 miles) and also provides needed lubricity to the fuel system those other products do not.

It is best to put in before every fill up, but we have many customers that just add it once they get home which seems to work fine too.

Also, when you order 2 gallons you get a free measuring bottle.

Last edited by LubeControl.com; 03-20-2005 at 09:13 PM.