DIY: Corsport Alum. Shift Linkage Bushing Install

Old 09-30-2014
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
KillerCam251 has a spectacular aura aboutKillerCam251 has a spectacular aura aboutKillerCam251 has a spectacular aura about
DIY: Corsport Alum. Shift Linkage Bushing Install

Alright so I threw these in today and decided to make a diy as I went along to hopefully help someone in the future.

This is what it is, in the set from Corsport comes 2 aluminum bushings, 2 cotter pins, and 2 snap rings.

Begin by removing whatever intake you may have on your car, mine I had to remove the whole thing because of the heat shield. On a stock car you just need to remove the resonator chamber which IIRC is 4 bolts.

After that is done locate your shifter arms, these circled in red are what we will be working on.

Next remove the cotter pins and discard, you can also discard the plastic washer and metal washer for each linkage.

Get a screwdriver or something to pry with and wedge it into the metal center ring and get some leverage to twist the old bushing out, make take a little force.

Here is a comparison of the solid aluminum bushings next to the stock ones.

Push the new bushings in through the bottom so the snap ring groove is on top.

After this before the snap rings, slide the new bushings in the linkage back onto the arms. The horizontal one went on fine for me but the vertical one gave me some problems. Due to the angle it tries to go on crooked, I couldn't get the c clip holding the cable off to get a better angle. To solve this place the linkage on the arm mounting tab with the bushing inserted and whack it with a small tool, it'll pop right on. You won't break anything by doing this.

Then slide on the snap rings and put in the new cotter pins and there you go! Slap your intake back on and go for a drive and enjoy your new more direct shifter feel.

Overall this was a good buy, I also purchased the Corsport aluminum base bushings as well and together with these the shifter feels excellent, it feels like each gear is eager to fall in place, and something you will notice after install. Cheaper alternative to a short shifter as well both these together were only $60.

Price: 7/10
Quality: 9/10
Difficulty: 2/10
Overall Value: 9/10
Old 10-03-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: DIY: Corsport Alum. Shift Linkage Bushing Install

Nice write up!

You think the shifter feels good now, wait until after you put a short throw in.
Old 10-03-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

nice! thanks a lot!
Old 12-26-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Just ordered mine!
http://www.corsportusa.com/01-05-civ...able-bushings/
Old 01-04-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

...and it's installed! You were right, that vertical one WAS a bit of a biatch! My screwdriver handle has a bunch of new nicks on it after I coerced the bushing in!
Old 01-11-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
KillerCam251 has a spectacular aura aboutKillerCam251 has a spectacular aura aboutKillerCam251 has a spectacular aura about

Lol glad it worked man. Yea like most things in cars they need a little blunt persuasion.