Re: Auto Transmission Rebuild (pics)

cool
Old 11-04-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rbn315 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dopes6070
Here is the ATF filter, check out the black gunk around the edges of the screen. I wiped the center of it clean with a rag.

Here is where im stopping till I get the TCI overhaul kit and some OEM honda parts that I ordered.
Where did you get your manual book
Old 11-27-2017
Registered!!

hgufrin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr_fobster
wow....have fun gtrying to put it all back together......getting all those clutch packs to line up is a bitch!!! trust me i know, i re-build, overhaul, and diag trans for a living.........

but cool stuff.
I am in the process of rebuilding my BMXA right now... Can you tell me what you mean by getting the clutch packs to line up? I was just going to take them and stick them in the clutch basket... Is that wrong? I sure would appreciate your help on this.
Old 07-06-2018
Registered!!

Stratis1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just finished my first rebuild on a 2002 Civic BMXA transmission and I'm hoping I didn't just make a fatal mistake. Everything went together perfectly however I listen to some advice from a friend and I sealed the case with hondabond. Now that it has dried I can see where if there was any excess that it's squeezed out of the case seam and, on the outside, it rubs off pretty easily. So I'm mortally worried that I'm going to have the same thing on the inside and some of these pieces are going to flake off and clog everything up.

So before I go to all the effort of putting this back into the car and then having an issue is there anyone that can confirm that was a big mistake and I should take it apart, strip all of the Honda bond, out and put in new gaskets and seal it up again.
Old 07-06-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

Unless you locked up a small person inside the case, no one is going to be rubbing in there.

If chunk did manage to get loose it will just get stuck in the filter, not going to damage anything
Old 05-20-2019
Registered!!

nazrat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I'm new here. I've done alittle research online but still not sure what the preferred brands of rebuild kits might be.

I have 255,000 miles on my baby (2003 honda civic lx) and I know I'm going to need to do this in the next year. Starting to get a slight feathering between 1st to 2nd as well as 2nd to 3rd.

Curious if you guys could recommend some of the more premium kits along with torque converters. I don't mind paying more for superior products.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.