got a squeaky clutch? I fixed mine today **pic added**

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mishkautkin is an unknown quantity at this point
ah, i was woundering why my clutch was doing it. thanks man.!
Old 06-11-2005
Registered!!

01civi is an unknown quantity at this point
where do u get the lithium grease? is there different kinds and if so what kind do you recommend?
Old 06-11-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Storm897 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 01civi
where do u get the lithium grease? is there different kinds and if so what kind do you recommend?
At Home Depot its about $4 for a big tube.
Old 06-11-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

jmiester96 will become famous soon enoughjmiester96 will become famous soon enough
are you guys talking about the sound it makes when you push the clutch pedal in. because i have a horrible squeaky sound when you push the clutch pedal in. if so, where can i get lithium grease?
Old 06-11-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jmiester96
are you guys talking about the sound it makes when you push the clutch pedal in. because i have a horrible squeaky sound when you push the clutch pedal in. if so, where can i get lithium grease?
There seems to be 2 sounds relating to clutchs. One is fixed by "lubricating the ball joint on the slave cylinder (#16) so that when it touches the release fork (#18), it no longer makes any noise", as seen in the picture above. I did this to my car but there is still a sound coming from the clutch pedal area itself. Theres another problem that is known with the Clutch Master Cylinder squeeking (even has a TSB relating to it). If I have time, I will do a DIY with pics tommorow. If not tommorow Ill do it next week. This sqeeky clutch is driving me nuts.
Old 06-11-2005
Registered!!

Shlomo is an unknown quantity at this point
i think i'll be doing this tommorow
Old 06-11-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
i still dont understand it...but i have a hardcore squeak/feeling in the clutch pedal at times. its just hardcore loud but it sounds like its inside the car
Old 06-11-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by silver04
it sounds like its inside the car
Define what you mean by inside the car. Do you mean near the clutch pedal or do you mean the sound is coming from the front of the car?
Old 06-12-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Storm897
Define what you mean by inside the car. Do you mean near the clutch pedal or do you mean the sound is coming from the front of the car?
near the clutch pedal, and i can feel the squeaking "in" the pedal, if you know what i mean.
Old 06-12-2005

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
^^yea yea, and when I first go to push mine it, it makes a quick creaking sound like walking on old wood on a scary movie......
Old 06-12-2005
jdmtytedoridori

so this is the fix for that....if so, sweet
Old 06-12-2005

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
Im guessing so.........
Old 06-12-2005
Registered!!

Mike4831 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am going to be doing this tom morning.
Old 06-12-2005
Registered!!

reddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to all
STICKY or DIY THIS THREAD!

Moderators:

Sticky or DIY-ifiy this thread, please. Seems like a lot of people are having this problem, and the pics make it worthy. anyone else second the motion? His advice helped me solve the problem, and rep points have been given.
Old 06-12-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
silver04 and silverem2...i have the same problem, i think you have to lubricate the fitting inside the car.
Old 06-12-2005
Registered!!

7Gnoob is an unknown quantity at this point
All I had to do to get rid of the problem is press the clutch down using my hand, with my free hand, spray white grease in the little ball socket hole that you can see from inside underneath the steering wheel. Worked on both my 7thgens for about 5 months now.
Old 06-13-2005
Registered!!

I have the same problem that most of you are having. I have noise inside the car as well as underneath the hood. I am going to the store right now to pic up some grease. I will post some pics of where I am spraying it and what happens.
Old 06-13-2005
Registered!!

Alright I just finished up. Total time took about 15 minutes. What a difference! No more noise, the car finally shifts right, gets into first with out hesitating and just performs better.

Before video.

http://motorcityoutlaws.com/userfile...%20%285%29.AVI

I bought a can of White Lithium Grease at Lowe's for 2.98.

These are the two bolts that you remove.

Grease up the ball end and the socket.

I found the best way to reinstall it is to push the clutch the floor and then begin. There should be no pressure on the clutch pedal so it should stay there. When you begin make sure you have an alignment tool. When you insert the ball into the joint properly and begin to line up the holes the clutch will rise. Make sure you don't loose the tension you have. Then insert the aliment tool (Phillips head screw driver) into one on the holes and insert the bolt into the other.

I noticed immediately that I lost some pressure behind the pedal I use to have. My dad thought this was due to friction from before.

If anyone needs help hit me up on AIM or email me. I would be glad to help you guys.
Old 06-14-2005
The one and only....

Echelon04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah this is just great! I did this and the whole socket came out now I have no pressure in the clutch, so i cant drive it now. The clutch is just sitting on the floor. What a great ****ing day it has turned out to be.
Old 06-14-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Echelon04
Yeah this is just great! I did this and the whole socket came out now I have no pressure in the clutch, so i cant drive it now. The clutch is just sitting on the floor. What a great ****ing day it has turned out to be.

You have to aline the clutch back up. If you depress the clutch all the way, when you have alined everything back up the clutch will come back to its stating position.
Old 06-14-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Echelon04
Echelon04,
Dont sweat it. I nearly **** a brick when the same thing happened to me. If you look at the 3rd picture Mike4831 posted, you'll see that he circled the black piece of rubber that covers the ball joint on the slave cylinder. Make sure the ball joint is connecting inside the slave cylinder. On mine it was not connecting to the slave cylinder. It was connected to the release fork though. Once I fixed this my clutch was no longer resting on the floor.
Old 07-05-2005

Originally Posted by 7Gnoob
All I had to do to get rid of the problem is press the clutch down using my hand, with my free hand, spray white grease in the little ball socket hole that you can see from inside underneath the steering wheel. Worked on both my 7thgens for about 5 months now.
for all of you wanting to get rid of that "stepping on a old wooden floor" squeek when you first push it in, spraying in that little hole like he said will do the trick, just tried it and it worked.
Old 07-20-2005
wut time is it now

2slow2run is an unknown quantity at this point
sticky this so i dont have to look for it
my thing is squeaking now....gotta fix it
Old 07-20-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
yes please sticky this, i have now just regained my inner peace due to this quick fix.
god bless the dude that put this up.
Old 07-20-2005
wut time is it now

amen
Old 07-21-2005
Registered!!

etdigitalis should not be trusted
i just wanted to add that the ball-end rod in the clutch slave cylinder comes all the way out. just slide it out of that rubber (accordian) boot and you can grease up both sides.

i did mine a few months back and the squeak never fully went away. when it started getting worse, i decided to take it apart for another look. in the process, i accidentally dropped that rod on the ground and almost **** my pants... thinking that i had broken it. then i discovered that both sides are rounded and if not lubed could pose a "squeak threat".

so i lubed up both sides and put it back together to find a squeak-free clutch pedal at my feet
Old 07-21-2005
wut time is it now

will ne greease do?
like wutta bout those disk break grease?
or ne lubricant that stand heat n water resistant?
Old 07-21-2005
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
i'm confused. i want to try this out but then people are saying that their clutch pedals fell to the floor??? whats the deal with this and how do i prevent that from happening?
Old 07-21-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Da1lyDr1ver
i'm confused. i want to try this out but then people are saying that their clutch pedals fell to the floor??? whats the deal with this and how do i prevent that from happening?
lol, people are saying this cause immediatly when it happens they get worried and stop working on the car. This is going to happen no matter what. You are removing your clutch master cylinder after all... When you pull that out there is nothing holding it in... so the cylinder contracts as if the clutch is being pressed in... As soon as you reinstall it, it'll be fine... There is no way to mess up your clutch with this little diy.
Old 07-21-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, youll be fine. Once you put it back together (slave cylinder lined up with the ball in the shoft fork), you will have pressure on your clutch, and no squeek. Unless you unhook the lines to the slave cylinder, you will be fine. If you take the lines off, you will lose pressure. So keep them attached as you move it all aside.

Quick Reply: got a squeaky clutch? I fixed mine today **pic added**