HID/Projector

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tweav88 is an unknown quantity at this point
HID/Projector

So I've been doing some searching and I just can't seem to find the answer I've been looking for.

I recently put a 6k HID kit on my car and still have the stock reflector housing. Is there something out there that looks similar to the stock housing, but has a projector built in that would be able to concentrate the light from the HID's better than the reflector housing?

I love the lights themselves, and I should've known this before hand, but I am just unsatisfied at how I cannot get the lights to be adjusted the same in the reflector housing.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-03-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HID/Projector

well our cars do come stock with proper factory hid reflectors that look the same, but only in japan and the beam pattern is flipped (rhd instead of lhd) so you would blind everyone. the only two solutions here are to mount a real hid projector in the stock reflector by drilling (which sometimes doesnt look right), or grab a pair of aftermarket projector housings and replace the halogen projector inside with real hid projector. i chose the second option.

first option is stock headlamp with custom modding of hid projector (fx35 in this case)

i bought some chrome aftermarket tyc projector lamps and replaced the lo beam with hid projector from audi a4. for more info see hidplanet.com

Old 11-25-2012
Registered!!

chalz37 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is exactly what I want to do but I have anzo projectors, do you think I could use the same projector size as you did?
what was the buld size in original projectors?
Old 11-26-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

probably. the size is very close. if not, the morimoto mini h1 projectors from theretrofitsource.com are even smaller and should fit nearly any housing.
Old 09-05-2013
Registered!!

2fast4gp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, I've been looking at doing this on my 04 Civic. Any advice please? I'm in South Africa so its a bit on the difficult side to get hold of stuff... Was thinking of stripping the projectors out of an E46 BMW and then to try retrofitting... but honestly though I have no idea where to begin! Does TYC make headlights for the 04-05 as well with Projectors?

Sorry for sounding like such a noob! And sorry for reviving an old thread...

Last edited by 2fast4gp; 09-05-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-19-2013
Registered!!

emeka_civic_EX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 2fast4gp
Hi All, I've been looking at doing this on my 04 Civic. Any advice please? I'm in South Africa so its a bit on the difficult side to get hold of stuff... Was thinking of stripping the projectors out of an E46 BMW and then to try retrofitting... but honestly though I have no idea where to begin! Does TYC make headlights for the 04-05 as well with Projectors?

Sorry for sounding like such a noob! And sorry for reviving an old thread...
theretrofitsource.com

The above link has all the answers you need. I'm in Nigeria and yet to place my order. the good thing is if you visit the above site, there is a walk through as to which projector would fit your oem housing or better still just contact there customer service and ask for projector suggestion. I'm still saving up for mine. All the best.
Old 09-19-2013
Registered!!

emeka_civic_EX is an unknown quantity at this point

Gear Box my question now is, do the tyc after market projector lamps have quality glass material that do not get blur with time. Cos I noticed that with most of the other after market projector lamps.

Thank you Sir for all you helpful tips.
Old 12-18-2013
Registered!!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Erf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Re: HID/Projector

Originally Posted by tweav88
So I've been doing some searching and I just can't seem to find the answer I've been looking for.

I recently put a 6k HID kit on my car and still have the stock reflector housing. Is there something out there that looks similar to the stock housing, but has a projector built in that would be able to concentrate the light from the HID's better than the reflector housing?

I love the lights themselves, and I should've known this before hand, but I am just unsatisfied at how I cannot get the lights to be adjusted the same in the reflector housing.

Thanks in advance

You can try retrofitting it with a pair of Morimoto H1 Minis from
www.theretrofitsource.com

These are projectors that will replace your stock reflectors with a focused beam, and a lot of people on this forum have recommended it.

I have bought mine and am awaiting my HID kit to arrive to install.

Back to the topic, Im not sure if you already knew about retrofitting, but it seems to be the simplest way.

Heres what your headlight will look like with the H1 Minis retrofitted.
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/p...m2/LRetro1.png

And heres a front shot

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/p.../retro11-1.png

Not so bad?