DIY: Custom Pedals

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fletchman04 is on a distinguished road
i just finished my pedals...i at home though and this computer is too slow for me to post pix. i used .25" aluminium. it was free and hella hard to beat into the right shape. heavy duty though for that hard braking... i also free handed the drawing on my own based on the ones Grey used. and here's some good advice: make sure you have a good light source. i did this in my barn where all my dads tools are and the light was bad. the holes i drilled out are a little off. oh well they were free so i con't complain.
Old 12-20-2003
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Free is good
Old 12-26-2003
Registered!!

maybe i am retarded but does anyone know how to get the stock gas pedal off?? i think i worked too hard the past couple of days and now i can't think straight.
Old 12-26-2003
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
The pedal its self is held on by a roll pin. To remove the gas pedal assembly its easy to start by removing the throttle cable from the throttle body, then remove the cable from the end of the gas pedal assebly. you can then un-bolt the assebly from the car and work on it much easier. And to clear this up maybe, you dont replace the stock pedal, these only cover the stock pedal.
Old 12-27-2003
Registered!!

holy crap.....i told you i was retarded. my brother insisted that the pedal would come off. haha...i guess i can rub it in his face. thanks for the info.
Old 12-27-2003
BLDNPSI Mod

I attached mine by just drilling thru the pedal (its only plastic ) in a few places. I think i got 4 of the 8 screws in mine with nuts on the back. The other 4 screws are there just to make the screw pattern look even
Old 04-24-2004
ry
darkness

ry is a glorious beacon of lightry is a glorious beacon of lightry is a glorious beacon of lightry is a glorious beacon of lightry is a glorious beacon of lightry is a glorious beacon of lightry is a glorious beacon of light
excellent job, pedals look great
Old 08-09-2009
Registered!!

Hughey974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: DIY: Custom Pedals

Ok so i know this is an old post and i would not have bumped this but i was wondering if anyone had the pics and or template from this DIY? I really would like to see what these looked like before i attempt to make my own. Thanks ahead of time.