Interior Post about Interior parts, seats, consoles, etc

Leak somewhere on passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damoore is an unknown quantity at this point
Leak somewhere on passenger side

Last week I got into my car and it smelt horrible i traced it to where the passenger seat feet go so i shampooed the carpet and it smelt better. A couple days later it rained and the carpet was soaked so today i pulled it back to find mold on the white sound deadner underneath the carpet. I traced the leak all the way up to under the dash where there are black rubber pieces with foam on the firewall side of them. Can anyone tell me how to get these off so i can find leak? Or does anyone have any ideas where its coming from. and yes my windows have been up the entire time. thanks for the help
Old 04-20-2012
Registered!!

franklin18sc is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Leak somewhere on passenger side

Same thing on my car i had to pull of the stuff protecting the floor board and i found small pinholes on my floor board going to use jb weld to seal them let you know how that goes
Old 02-25-2019
Registered!!

dbailey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by damoore
Last week I got into my car and it smelt horrible i traced it to where the passenger seat feet go so i shampooed the carpet and it smelt better. A couple days later it rained and the carpet was soaked so today i pulled it back to find mold on the white sound deadner underneath the carpet. I traced the leak all the way up to under the dash where there are black rubber pieces with foam on the firewall side of them. Can anyone tell me how to get these off so i can find leak? Or does anyone have any ideas where its coming from. and yes my windows have been up the entire time. thanks for the help
Ever source that leak?
Old 02-25-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

you're expecting a response from a guy that made a post 7 years ago and hasn't been on since?
check the seam sealer under the hood by the cowl and in the engine bay for cracks, you may need to pull the dash
Old 03-09-2019
Registered!!

dbailey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Colin42
you're expecting a response from a guy that made a post 7 years ago and hasn't been on since?
check the seam sealer under the hood by the cowl and in the engine bay for cracks, you may need to pull the dash
Yea knew it was a long shot. Hoped maybe he was subscribed with an email notificstion. Thanks for suggestions.