What would you do about this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011
200,000 and counting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thesushiboy is a jewel in the roughthesushiboy is a jewel in the roughthesushiboy is a jewel in the roughthesushiboy is a jewel in the rough
What would you do about this?

My wife suggested stitches. My son thinks a Shamu patch would be awesome. All I know is I don't want it to get any bigger. Anybody have any practical experience with this?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3914.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	81247  
Old 07-11-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: What would you do about this?

I'm with your son on the shamu patch haha
Old 07-11-2011
A scene before your eyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balzdpr is on a distinguished road

I cannot vouch for this but you could do some research or ask around. A girl I had met in the 90's said her boyfriend used paper insulation( you know the non itchy kind) and elmers glue. I know that sounds crazy, but hear me out. She explained to me that her boyfriend fixed a burn mark his dumb *** buddy placed on the overhead. Regular wood glue should work well if you choose to try this you may find a better more responsive glue to use.

You mix a glob of glue the size of the blemmish you want to cover with a larger amount of the insulation.

Smash that and roll it, whatever, just mix it real good.

Dab a little of the same glue into the hole or blemmish.

Immediately add the globe of insulation.

Press it in lightly but firm enough to get it to stick.

It should match the color well, but you may need to buy a paint pen to blend it better if there is fadding or if the cover or carpet is a differant color than the insulation.

This idea seems pretty soun, however I have never tried it so please test it on something differant than the car first.
Old 07-11-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

-Pop the a-pillar cover off

-Take the visor and visor tab out

That part of the pillar should now be free enough to work with. If it isn't, pull the door gasket and/or the b-pillar cover too.

Now see if you can GENTLY pry off the material around it. Pull just enough to get that rip up. Then very carefully spray some 3M glue on it and carefully lay the whole thing back down, smoothing as you go. Use tweezers to move the ripped part back into the right place.

Go to the autoparts store for the 3M.

OR...

Go with Shamu. That's what I would do but, then again, I'm lazy. lol