DIY: 2003 Center Console Removal - Page 2 - Honda Civic Forum

DIY: 2003 Center Console Removal

Old 01-20-2004
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally posted by INCivic
so you have to take off the whole thing to install the REVO??
Yes.
Old 02-12-2004
Registered!!

aznsensation18 is just really niceaznsensation18 is just really niceaznsensation18 is just really niceaznsensation18 is just really niceaznsensation18 is just really nice
I have a question....I'm about to order my SS short shifter....just wondering where can i get the Grey's upgrade kit and Cap Yoda's bushings so i dont have to take the whole thing apart like 3 times.
Old 03-15-2004
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by aznsensation18
I have a question....I'm about to order my SS short shifter....just wondering where can i get the Grey's upgrade kit and Cap Yoda's bushings so i dont have to take the whole thing apart like 3 times.
From grey and capyoda, just pm them.

Anyways, thanks for the DIY neonimpact. I finally installed the revo, the hardest part was removing the second cable.
Old 04-10-2004
Registered!!

CiViLcyrusCiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not trying to get too much off topic but I have to ask if anybody knows whether the 02 center console will fit in my 01, from the part around the e-brake all the way to the piece that has the accessory outlet/cigarette lighter.
Old 04-14-2004
Registered!!

tgreathead is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by pxboarder
do i have to take out the whole center console in my 03 ex to put my head unit in or is there some way i can get the cig lighter trim peice out other than taking everything apart? any info would be cool
I'm wondering the same thing for my 03 EX. To access the back of the HU do I have to pull out the conter console, or is there another (easier) way to get back there?

I have to attach the Aux adapter to that back of the radio for my iPod.

Thanks
Old 04-14-2004
Registered!!

NeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz Erthang
Pop the cover that has the shift boot and ring on it.
Pull up hard and all 4-6 snaps will come up with it..
PULL HARD!!

then grab the piece where the foglight button would have gone, and pull straight out.

Then just go from underneath, and move about.
Old 04-14-2004
Registered!!

I have an automatic. Would I just pop off the panel around the shifter for the same effect?
Old 04-14-2004
Registered!!

NeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz Erthang
ask gearbox
Old 04-14-2004
Registered!!

I got it in just now.

It was pretty much the same. Popped off the top ring and had to pull HARD on the lower panel (like you said ). Then I just popped off the cig panel and reached up to plug it in.

Thanks for the help, I'll post pics when I can

Last edited by tgreathead; 04-14-2004 at 07:00 AM.
Old 01-10-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DIY: 2003 Center Console Removal

pics are back!
Old 12-28-2013
Registered!!

Him13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks alot man i needed this badly!!!
Old 08-13-2014
Registered!!

awbooth is an unknown quantity at this point

Have an 04 civic lx 5 speed manual. Need to replace the airbag module and need some guidance on getting to it. if it involves removing the center console... can anyone send pics on the steps involved. thanks
Old 10-27-2017
Registered!!

giwhS is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for necroing this thread but im doing this today in an 05' civic lx 5 speed. This thread looks like its supposed to have pictures. I have the clips out up front and the 4 screws out from the rear. There was one screw under the rubber mat below the arm rest compartment. I can't see what else needs to be removed.
if anyone sees this could you please help. Thank you.
Old 10-29-2017
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of

I'm not quite familiar with removing the 7thgen center consoles with the armrest, but I'll give it a shot at helping by using my experience with the 01-02 center console (non-armrest version) and the diagram from Majestic Honda (shown below)

So, you have clips #32 (qty 2 - both sides), screws #29 (qty 2 - both sides), and.. I'm not sure which other 2 screws you removed. Looks like #27 (qty 2) need to be removed, assuming the center console mounting points didn't change when they outfitted the civic with an armrest center console. I'm gonna include the drawing for the 01-02 center console below to show you what I'm referencing.

On my 2002, screws #23 (qty 2 - both sides), #26 (qty 2), and clips #21 (qty 2 - both sides) needed to be removed (as well as the shift ****) in order to take the center console out.

Hopefully that helps a bit.

edit: just realized those numbers referenced above are used multiple times in various locations. Updated to highlight the screws in question

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 10-29-2017 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-29-2017
Registered!!

310civicEX is an unknown quantity at this point

see......when i got my civic for $400 ...... it came with a quick release center console.... no screws.
Old 10-30-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Colin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of light

that's so when you get to the track you can rip it out and instantly gain 10 HP

OP did you manage to get it out yet?
might be some screws under the shifter trim as well, been a while since i pulled one out