fog lights fitment question

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Andrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy fog lights fitment question

hi guys i tried searching this but did find the answer i need. i have an 04 sedan ex civic that has an aftermarket taiwan bumper. now my question is if a oem bumper is required to be able to put fog lights on or if its possible with the taiwan bumper? i bought some fogs online and tried putting them on but they didnt fit properly has little gaps all around and dont sit properly all the way in. i dont know if i drilled the hole in the wrong spot since aftermarket bumpers dont have the little dots next to the fog lights hole to indicate where to drill hole. any help would be appreciated thank you. also has anyone installed fogs on aftermarket bumper?
Old 04-19-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: fog lights fitment question

Where did you get the fogs from? Might be a fitment issue with them.
Old 04-19-2013
Registered!!

i bought them from k2motor.com so you think it might be the lights not the bumper?
thanks.
Old 04-20-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

It's possible that's it's the lights and not the bumper but idk how a Taiwan bumper compares to an American one. It's going to be more difficult to line it up without the installation holes and cheaper fogs are not going to fit as well as OEM ones. The OEM ones might not fit well because its an aftermarket bumper.
Old 04-21-2013
Registered!!

you have a point i guess oem for everything is the way to go now thanks golnat appreciate it