Door Sash Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012
Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eLantern is an unknown quantity at this point
Door Sash Questions

My driver side Door Sash broke away at the top of the door and when I looked into replacing the part I ran into some problems. My first question is, is the driver side door the Right side or Left side of the vehicle? Second, Honda's part listing shows part number 72230-S5P-A01 labeled as Sash, Right, Front, Door (Lower) (Fr). Part number 72231-S5P-A01 labeled as Sash, Right, Front Door Center (Lower). Part number 72270-S5P-A01 labeled as Sash, Left, Front, Door (Lower) (Fr.). Part number 72271-S5P-A01 labeled as Sash, Left, Front, Door Center (Lower). So, what part am I suppose to order to replace the outer sash on the driver side for my '04 Civic EX coupe? The picture isn't very good to identify the proper part. Lastly, how do I remove the old busted Sash and replace it with the new one? Anyone else deal with this problem at some point?
Old 06-22-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Door Sash Questions

First off, LEFT and RIGHT of a car are ALWAYS determined as one would SIT in the drivers seat.

Drivers side is LEFT in North America.

This is what I had pictured from your description, like #2/5

This pic is under MOLDING in the list...

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...tcgry5=MOLDING

This is where SASH is

Now, the sashes are INSIDE the door, you would have to remove the panel to find get them out. The one at the front extends up to the mirror area, but the rear one is all below the level of the sill trim on the door.

If you damaged the black painted metal, that probably is the window frame, part of the door itself.

Unless you were looking for the trims in the first picture.

HTH