I'm good with body work....just not this good

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011
Person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about
I'm good with body work....just not this good

Well, last Tuesday was pretty unfortunate. It was a rough week all around but this just took the trophy. The first and foremost of pieces of information is that nobody was injured. The second bit is that it wasn't my fault and would be fully covered by the other driver. I was driving down the designated driving lane at my local mall doing a reasonable 10mph, when my passenger yelled "Look out!" and then the airbags deployed, and the swearing started to flow forth like a woodland spring. The other driver was, quite stupidly, cutting across a somewhat crowded parking lot. He is fine too. Now onto the damage:

This is the direction he came from doing approximately 30mph
Name:  oS6Ayl.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  80.9 KB

Airbags deployed thankfully
Name:  9cIogl.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  47.5 KB

On the wrecker
Name:  VqtGbl.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  41.8 KB

Upclose inspection
Name:  VD45zl.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  60.7 KB

One last shot
Name:  No3vQl.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  65.6 KB

Alas, she is totaled. Beyond repair I suppose, but I feel it's better this way. It would never be the same car again, and I know I'm very particular, yet I feel most of you here would be the same. I had so much fun with this car, and it was definitely a great learning experience. Just wanted to share with you all, and I apologize for my absence this summer.

Last edited by lollygagger; 08-20-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-20-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I'm good with body work....just not this good

Sorry bout the car but at least your okay man. I hate seeing these threads. What are you planning on getting now?
Old 08-20-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

too many idiots on the road. there is a reason its 5mph in parking lots. that kind of damage in a parking lot, the guy should lose his license. i thought for sure you were gonna say he was drunk.

anyway, just stuff the airbags back in, get a bumper, fender, and headlight and call it a day. should be good as new lol. any ideas on a new car? how much did insurance give you, im guessing thats an 05?
Old 08-20-2011
Person

lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

It's a 2004 EX with 104k on it. I paid 5200 for it repossesed, figured I put 1200 into it repairing all the body damage and such, and I ended up getting 8400 back from insurance. I'm not complaining ! I was looking into an EP3, gonna stay in the Honda family, and I've always liked those cars. And sorry for the downer thread (TBOHAR is that you? I recognize the picture but the names changed lol).
Old 08-20-2011
=)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Damn ! This sucks, but at least you're okay !
Old 08-20-2011
Registered!!

billkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the rough

yeah it sucks things gotta happen like that but its a good thing your ok and look at the lip its still in good shape. lol
Old 08-20-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting to get scared to drive anymore =/
Dam >.<

Really sucks
Old 08-20-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha yea it's me I'm just confusing people.
Old 08-21-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Well atleast you're okay.As for the car,sad to see another member have his car totaled.How's the damage on the other guy's car?
Old 08-21-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

these threads are sad.
Old 08-21-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

ouchie!.
It's sad to see the car you worked so diligently to repair all the dings and stuff go this way.
glad you ok. and the insurance paying that much - it's a statement of your hard work to bring it to a good shape. (for who does not know what i am talking about, see Lollygagger's signature link )

Last edited by sdaidoji; 08-21-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Glad you're OK. If you were in Texas you'd be F'd because a parking lot is private property and the police won't do anything (no police report).

Also, I guarantee that car will be sold, fixed and driving around in 6 months. I had the same thing happen to my '90 sedan (the rim was buried in the wheel well) and I got a parking ticket 8 months later. I was like "WTF!? I signed that over to AIG 8 months ago!". Turns out AIG sold it and it was repaired but, not re-registered. Still didn't stop me from wasting 4 hours waiting in line at the Dallas court house.

EDIT: I'm also surprised the passenger airbag didn't break the windshield. Usually that always happens.

Last edited by lazlong; 08-21-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-21-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

Go grab an 8th gen like I did a few weeks ago when I totalled my 01 ex!
Old 08-21-2011
Registered!!

ALLeNsEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sry bro, glad your ok. Dumb drivers ruin ****.

So I got a wierd question, will u sell ur rear and front lip? Sry I hate to ask, and no offense..
Old 08-22-2011
Person

Not at all man, no worries. I don't wanna tamper with the car because they're offering me so much as is. So I'm trying to leave everything in tact and have them take it all at once. I'm not even gonna touch the radio because I made money on that too
Old 09-22-2011
EM2 Only!

Crc05em2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Depending upon how much the insurance company gave you for your car I would've bought it back. However gettin a salvage certificate these days is quite tedious!! Alot of hoops to jump thru! On the other hand I would def still look at sumthin else, even tho I love my em2!!! I've been doin collision repair for four yrs now nd hav even had to replace the entire drivers side of my em2 bc sum dumb young bitch ran a red light nd slammed into me pushin me up over a curb!
Old 10-04-2011
Person

yeah people need to relax and realize its better to get somewhere late then to not to get there at all. as far as a new car I'm looking into an EP3, preferably Taffeta White lol
Old 10-04-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lollygagger
yeah people need to relax and realize its better to get somewhere late then to not to get there at all. as far as a new car I'm looking into an EP3, preferably Taffeta White lol

Not the mini minivan...
Old 10-04-2011
Person

Any other suggestions??
Old 10-04-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

-Preludes are nice looking and faster than you think.

-TSX

-I really liked my Grand Prix when I had it.
Old 10-04-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the new tsx is so nice, preludes can be made even faster with some mods. problem is they are heavy but there are ways around that
Old 10-06-2011
Person

problem is the TSX's are a bit out of my price range. Didn't want to blow the entire check, and the one thing I really enjoyed about the EM2 was it's size. The little thing could zip around anywhere....I'm thinking Fiat 500? lol but the same goes for the prelude in size, and I know it's not much bigger, it just seems it
Old 10-06-2011
Kenny the Ricer

My personal choice, would either be an EM1 or a BB6...maybe even a DC5
If you can find a low price, decent Celica GT, those are pretty fun too
Just sayin

Fiat? Cmon...
Old 10-06-2011
Registered!!

What about a Cobalt? They're small, relatively cheap and are decently comfortable. Power pullys and a supercharger and your at 300hp.
Old 10-07-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

the fiat i drove had worse mileage than the vic...

cobalts drove ok

neons were pretty impressive on the course
Old 10-13-2011
Person

i was jp on the fiat but i ended up getting a black 2004 ep3
Old 10-13-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Another minivan...
Old 10-13-2011
Person

what's wrong with it?
Old 10-14-2011
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

besides the fact the whole front end is UGLY and it reminds me of a soccer mom driving it...nothing. but thats just my opinion

all i know is if/when someone totals my em2 im dead set on a 1995-97 del sol si with low low miles or a swap in it
Old 10-14-2011
Person

do you guys not like hatches in general? I personally love it, especially when they are modded cleanly

Quick Reply: I'm good with body work....just not this good