Headgasket replacement parts list

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Headgasket replacement parts list

for sure man. Good luck with your HG job. Hopefully you don't run into what happened to me back in October
Old 09-04-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really nice
Unhappy Re: Headgasket replacement parts list

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
for sure man. Good luck with your HG job. Hopefully you don't run into what happened to me back in October
I found the thread. RIP Azumi...

I hope it doesn't happen to me either! I can't afford another car, if I can barely afford parts for this one!

Parts come sometime tomorrow. Head is coming off tomorrow too, and hopefully the machine shops in my town don't suck!
Old 02-04-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpeedReeeser516 is an unknown quantity at this point

So the parts list here and a tensioner bolt should be the only things needed to do this job properly. I've been reading a lot on head gasket replacement the last few days and I know I read somewhere that the bolts/studs should be replaced, but this thread says they don't need to be.

I'll be taking the car to a shop to have this done I just want to make sure they replace and do everything that needs to be done. I'd rather spend a few more dollars on parts/labor now than have to have the job done again in a year or so. The timing belt was replaced less than 30k miles so I'm not sure if I should spend the extra money to have that done too or just leave it, car has 190k on it. What sucks is the place I bought it from replaced the head gasket and timing belt before I bought it, my guess is they didn't do a good job on the head gasket and that's why I need a new one already.

Any suggestions I should make to the the shop that hopefully won't **** of the mechanics?

Last edited by SpeedReeeser516; 02-04-2019 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-04-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SpeedReeeser516
So the parts list here and a tensioner bolt should be the only things needed to do this job properly. I've been reading a lot on head gasket replacement the last few days and I know I read somewhere that the bolts/studs should be replaced, but this thread says they don't need to be.

I'll be taking the car to a shop to have this done I just want to make sure they replace and do everything that needs to be done. I'd rather spend a few more dollars on parts/labor now than have to have the job done again in a year or so. The timing belt was replaced less than 30k miles so I'm not sure if I should spend the extra money to have that done too or just leave it, car has 190k on it. What sucks is the place I bought it from replaced the head gasket and timing belt before I bought it, my guess is they didn't do a good job on the head gasket and that's why I need a new one already.

Any suggestions I should make to the the shop that hopefully won't **** of the mechanics?
if you're not taking it to Honda make sure they're using Honda parts