DIY: Forgotten Tune Up Mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VicBNimble is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: DIY: forgotten tune-up mods

Speaking of tune-up mods... It is right about time for my "30K mile service", but the thing is, I have done pretty much everything that the dealer lists within the last 3 months. The only thing I haven't done myself is "inspect and adjust drive belts" and "check parking brake adjustment". Honestly, I don't really know where to start with those two. Any ideas? If this is the wrong thread, lemme know and I'll move it, gear.
Old 10-10-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

lol those dont even count. basically if you pull the parking brake up and it works, it doesnt need adjustment. all they do is lube it if its squeaking. drive belts, they just check power steering and alternator belts. you can push down the middle of the belt and feel how tight it is. usually they do not go out of adjustment.

other than that, only things that come to mind are coolant flush, trans fluid change, and brake fluid flush (every 3 yrs).
Old 10-10-2008
Registered!!

VicBNimble is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
lol those dont even count. basically if you pull the parking brake up and it works, it doesnt need adjustment. all they do is lube it if its squeaking. drive belts, they just check power steering and alternator belts. you can push down the middle of the belt and feel how tight it is. usually they do not go out of adjustment.

other than that, only things that come to mind are coolant flush, trans fluid change, and brake fluid flush (every 3 yrs).
Ah yes, I'll need to get the fluid flushes done before it gets "cold" around here. Texas winter, lol! Thanks, gear!
Old 10-10-2008
Registered!!

Cling is an unknown quantity at this point

O2 mod is a must
Old 11-10-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

do u know where i can find that evap fuel filter from hondaautomotiveparts.com ????

also, i need to get a few GAS cap, where is it? i cant find it????

this is the closest i got:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...L+TANK+%281%29
Old 11-10-2008

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

nvm i foudn it. its like #28
Old 11-10-2008

ok, do u know where can i find an oil drain bolt on hondaautomotiveparts.com?
Old 11-10-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

just goto dealer, its only few bucks lol. same for gas cap.

12 is the evap filter under fuel pipe

Old 11-10-2008
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

mad props
Old 11-10-2008

ic ic, well the thing is im ordering it all online thats why. n im not in need of it. im also ordering a multiplexor for an accord...
Old 11-10-2008
Registered!!

redrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura about

REP+1..not that you need it!
Old 11-11-2008

does anyone know why hondaautomotiveparts.com isnt working when i try to click "submit" my order?
Old 11-11-2008
Premium Member

idk i just ordered a bunch of stuff twice in the last week with opera.
Old 11-11-2008
Registered!!

Maple50175 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought that thing was the fuel filter? weird.
Old 11-11-2008
Premium Member

no, thats an air filter. fuel filter is inside the tank you get to it from under the rear seat cushion.
Old 11-11-2008
Registered!!

Krieger is an unknown quantity at this point

when should u change ur fuel filter gear? when it fails, or mileage?

honda says never... but i REALLY doubt that...
Old 11-11-2008
Premium Member

well its every 100k miles OR when the fuel pressure drops below spec. im sure you can also go past 100k if the fuel pressure is still good.
Old 11-11-2008
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

gearbox after i PMed u about my car not idleing right it accored to me that i previously ran out of gas sucked the tank dry. (but i got 650 miles on that tank ) could i have sucked crap into my fuel filter and or screwed up my injectors doing so?
Old 11-11-2008
Premium Member

possibly, someone else had the same problem here.
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Hate to bring this thread back.. but im going to.. I am probably going to be changing tranny fluid at around 80k now I heard that there is also a filter.(Kinda of like an oil filter) should this be changed as well? I dont think it is easy though seeing how its actually inside the transaxle. Is this true?
Old 11-14-2008
Premium Member

yeah its inside, cannot be changed unless you take the whole trans apart. what i did was buy the civic HX CVT auto trans external trans filter kit and installed that. i just change it every year or two.

Old 08-24-2009
Registered!!

tunedx is an unknown quantity at this point

03 civic si with 150 000km. In idles rough on cold startup sometimes. I'm planning on changing plugs and performing the maintence u required in this thread. I'm not sure about changing o2 sensor. Would u recommand replacing it even though its still good. I was told if its working don't change it
Old 08-24-2009
Registered!!

Anticrime is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the write up
btw your engine bay is very clean, it looks like you just bought it brand new. good job!
Old 08-24-2009
Premium Member

tunedx-try to clean out the throttle body and IAC valve with carb cleaner and i bet it fixes the rough idle. you can change plugs too with NGK if you want.
Old 08-24-2009
Registered!!

tunedx-try to clean out the throttle body and IAC valve with carb cleaner and i bet it fixes the rough idle. you can change plugs too with NGK if you want.
Where is the IAC valve located and do u recommand replacing o2 sensor if its not faulty. Will it improve throttle response even know mine still works. I have 150,000 km.
Old 08-24-2009
Premium Member

02 sensor will trigger check engine light when it goes bad. iac valve is bolted to the throttle body and has the two coolant lines going into it.
Old 09-03-2009
Registered!!

mclean987 is an unknown quantity at this point

if i got iacv bypassed and blocked off i dont need to clean it do i?
Old 09-03-2009
Registered!!

mclean987 is an unknown quantity at this point

how you check fuel pressure so you know when to change fuel filter or pump?
Old 09-03-2009
Premium Member

fuel pressure i believe you need a special gauge and you can check it by tapping to the fuel line near the engine. i dont know the specifics cause ive never needed to check. if you have iac blocked, thats means its not even on the car right?
Old 10-14-2009
Registered!!

02 sensor will trigger check engine light when it goes bad. iac valve is bolted to the throttle body and has the two coolant lines going into it.
Do u have any pics of the iac valve? I just wanna make sure I remove the right part.

Quick Reply: DIY: Forgotten Tune Up Mods