01-02 to 03-05 Gauge Cluster Swap: DONE! Pics inside w/ Pin removing FAQ & Video

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alscrx is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 01-03 to 04-05 Gauge Cluster Swap: DONE! Pics inside w/ Pin removing FAQ & Video

i have a 02 lx auto, want to swap to an 04-05 cluster. Does the 4 door sedan 04-05 cluster bolt into the 01-02 coupe? Any fitment issues??

Is all the wiring the same in these diagrams for the 02 LX????

Last edited by alscrx; 08-03-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-03-2007
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Re: 01-03 to 04-05 Gauge Cluster Swap: DONE! Pics inside w/ Pin removing FAQ & Video

All clusters are bolt-in...

The wiring diagram is the same for everything. but you might not have all the wires...if you don't have the wire, don't put anything in that spot. simple as that
Old 08-03-2007
Registered!!

Ok, but if i don't have all the wires will i lose any features of the cluster???
Old 08-03-2007
Registered!!

mdawg is on a distinguished road

I have the newer 04-05 cluster for the Auto LX if you want to buy it off of me. Shoot me a PM, I also have all those wiring diagrams from when I was trying to do the swap.
Old 08-03-2007
Registered!!

pm'd you
Old 08-16-2007
Registered!!

EM2RCR is an unknown quantity at this point

does any one know where i can buy the pins that go into the blue and green plugs?
Old 08-16-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

why do you need new pins? your current wires all have them
Old 08-16-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

subscribed, so i can find this again later. my new cluster (05 lx coupe) arrived today, gotta give it a couple months and let the miles catch up, so there's no gap.
Old 08-18-2007
Registered!!

EM2RCR is an unknown quantity at this point

i need a new pin because i accidentally clipped one of em off and i lost it. i tried lookin at auto zone and kragen but they dont have them. if anyone knows could you please let me know.
Old 08-18-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

hmm yikes do you have junkyard nearby? cause i bet all the wrecked cars have the wire harness hanging around.
Old 08-18-2007
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Only problem is most junkyars are unwilling to cut harnesses. I wanted one, and they told me 400 dollars for the complete under-dash harness, and that was the only way I'd get the cluster harnesses. Needless to say I said hell no..
Old 08-19-2007
Premium Member

yikes, try and look on ebay, i know some cluster have the plugs still in it but you gotta ask first. it doesnt even matter if its an old one cause the actual pins and plug are same.
Old 08-19-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I've been looking for spare 01-02 clusters and 03-05 under dash harnesses on ebay in an effort to make a sort of plug and play harness for the conversion. Needless to say, I've seen the under dash wiring harnesses go for 75 + shipping on ebay.. and on majestic honda, that wiring harness is 116.51..
Old 08-28-2007
Registered!!

Polo2k4 will become famous soon enough

I just got my cluster wired up, I have an 04 dx and the cluster i got is from the 03 ex, so anyway after i installed everything, my turn signals don't work. Is there a specific wire for the turn signals? I know i didn't blow a fuse because my signal bulbs do turn on. Oh and what was the trick for the gas guage, it shows its empty..but its not?

Last edited by Polo2k4; 08-28-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-28-2007
Premium Member

may need to play with the needle when the car is on like push it and see if it moves to the right spot. for turn signal, you maybe put a wire wrong. ill check which wire its for, i think it has its own. when you press hazard button, do the blinker lights work then?
Old 08-28-2007
Registered!!

Ok i got the fuel to work, you have to wire it from the green cable to the blue cable...I have personally never wired anything, my first time splicing and putting together, and it worked! ha! lol Ok as for turn signals..i checked the wiring im pretty sure i wired them properly...ill check my hazards to see if they blink..brb
Old 08-28-2007
Registered!!

..Ok so they blink but on my dash, only the left arrow blinks the right arrow doesnt. I tryed to just use the turn signals and they dont work...weird...
Old 08-28-2007
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rufus
I have an 03 coupe (red gauges) and thought about going to the sedan one (blue). The only thing that kept me from doing it is that the needles are red anyway...

What deck is dat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is frikin nice
Old 08-28-2007
Premium Member

check to see that all wires are connected.
1. left turn signal indicator light (grn/red) pin B13 blue connector
2. right turn signal indicator light (grn/yel) pin B12 blue connector

gauges
self diagnostic function, beeper drive circuit, indicator, lcd, gauge drive circuit

check fuse #9 in underhood fuse box and #10 in under dash fuse box.

1. push and hold trip reset button
2. turn the lighting switch on
3. turn the ignition switch ON (do not start engine)
4. within 5 seconds, turn the lighting switch off, then on and off again.
5. within another 5 seconds, release the trip meter button, then push and release the button 4 times repeatedly.

notes: diagnostic mode ends when ignition is switched off or vehicle speed exceeds 1mph.

all gauge needles should make a full sweep from min to max and back again. beeper sounds 5x, indicator lights flash, segment display flashes 5x. pressing the trip meter will restart needle sweep.
Old 08-28-2007
Registered!!

Thanks gearbox i will try to run the diagnostic function, btw how do you tell if the fuse is blown? Will it be broken or burnt?
Old 08-28-2007
Premium Member

yeah, the metal that normally is continuous will be broken and maybe black stuff around too. that metal piece inbetween the two prongs will be broken.

Old 08-29-2007
Registered!!

I ran the test last night, i didn't get anything...Today I will check fuses and wiring.How do you acesss the fuse box under dash?
Old 08-29-2007
Registered!!

Gearbox! Your right it was a broken fuse! Under the dash..thanks man...how do I keep this from happening..<3
Old 08-29-2007
Premium Member

no prob, it prolly happened when you were installing it. just keep an eye on it but imo it prolly wont blow again. so the turn signal light comes on now?
Old 08-29-2007
Registered!!

My left turn signal comes on, my right one doesnt, but it does make the clicking noise. Im gonna try checking the wires...ill post some pics tonight in the members rides!
Old 09-08-2007
Registered!!

rev125yz is an unknown quantity at this point

I just completed the swap..just one dilemma. The oil light is on, but when i use the high beams, it turns off and there's no high beam indicator. Anyone who know what wires i may have switched?
Old 09-08-2007
Registered!!

bump..please guys i'm working on it as we speak..need some input..thanks
Old 09-08-2007
Registered!!

the only thing i have beside diagrams is this, which was previously posted..
;GREEN Connector:

Blue: From ECM/PCM, Tach input signal
White/Red: Constant 12 v +
Yellow: Switched 12V+
Blue/White: From ECM/PCM And VSS input signal
Yellow/Black: From fuel level sending unit
White/Green: From multiplex control unit
Black: Ground
Pink: (Canada Vehicles only) Washer fluid level switch
White/Blue: (Canada Vehicles only) DRL Control unit
Black/Yellow: Security control unit
Blue/Yellow: Cruise control unit
Pink/Blue: OPDS unit (Side airbags)

BLUE Connector:

Black: Ground
green/orange: From ECM/PCM
Blue/Red: From ABS Control unit
Pink: From SRS unit
Red/Black: Supplies 12V+ for dash backlights
Red: Supplies switched ground for dash lights
Green/Red: Left turn signal indicator
Green/Yellow: Right turn signal indicator
Red/Blue: Combination light switch
Blue/Orange: Immobilizer control unit
Red/Yellow: From no 15 fuse under hood
White/Red: From no 9 fuse under hood
Yellow/Red: From oil pres switch
Old 09-08-2007
Registered!!

thanks alot man, much appreciated, but i found it! it was on the blue plug, i mixed the 'RED/YELLOW' and the 'YELLOW/RED' wires. its up and running and i'm lovin it
Old 09-13-2007
Registered!!

artnsx is on a distinguished road

Im going to be doing this swap pretty soon. I've already ordered the cluster, but are there any known issues with swapping a 05 LX sedan cluster into a 01 EX coupe?

I know the sedan and coupe difference doesn't matter, but am a little concerned about the EX --> LX.

Does the LX have a passenger airbag?

Quick Reply: 01-02 to 03-05 Gauge Cluster Swap: DONE! Pics inside w/ Pin removing FAQ & Video