01-02 to 03-05 Gauge Cluster Swap: DONE! Pics inside w/ Pin removing FAQ & Video

Old 03-15-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute
now that is some clean ****...i mean i seen some **** before, but that is clean!!
Old 03-25-2007
Registered!!

Newnewbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 01-03 to 04-05 Gauge Cluster Swap: DONE! Pics inside w/ Pin removing FAQ

Hey Karizzle, u have a Canadian car rite, i'm have some problems with my cluster, i seem to have a red/green wire in my car, but missing a red/yellow wire in my car, i assumed it was the same, since they are from the same original location as Samuri's diagram, but it didn't work. i had a chance to take apart an 01 civic sport and that car has a red/yellow wire, i have a vp and do not know where it should go. when i plug it into the red/yellow location the high beam indicator comes out, now that it is unpluged that light is off. i keep blowing out the 15A fuse of exterior lights and don't know how to fix this problem, can u help?
Old 03-25-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough

hey 01hondercivic, i have the exact same cluster swap, but the coupe one. I want the sedan blue one. Wanna trade?
Old 03-25-2007
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Sorry bud, no way in hell am I giving this thing up. Way too hard to find. Give me 150 bucks & the trade and I might consider it....
Old 03-26-2007
Registered!!

lol.. nahh its ok then!

For me, luckily i had some connectors from another cluster, and just made an adapter.
No more repinning for me! 8)
Old 04-09-2007

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Re: 01-03 to 04-05 Gauge Cluster Swap: DONE! Pics inside w/ Pin removing FAQ & Video

Bump for Video walkthrough of how to remove the pins using paperclip posted
Old 04-09-2007
Registered!!

dizbstretch is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 01-03 to 04-05 Gauge Cluster Swap: DONE! Pics inside w/ Pin removing FAQ & Video

BUMP on that man... it really helped out a lot... he emailed it to me when I had issues on it and damn, that made things really clear for anyone who sees it in regards to removing the wires from the socket...
Old 04-09-2007
Registered!!

54321r will become famous soon enough54321r will become famous soon enough

looks good got those with my car hehe
Old 04-10-2007
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

lol i gotta say this must be the most comprehensive diy type of post ever on this site...its even got a video for it! wow
Old 04-10-2007
Pinkslip Racer

karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough

i swapped mine to an 05 sedan (blue) if anyone wants to trade for their coupe (red) let me know.
from

to

Last edited by karizzle; 04-10-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-10-2007
Registered!!

boo...its an auto clusterr
Old 04-14-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

Okay i have on 01 ex and im swapping my cluster out with an 03 or 04 ex *not sure* cluster.. can anyone tell me which wires to swap. lol
Old 04-14-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

almost every wire needs to move, just follow the diagrams. vp is old style you use to match up your plug orientation, then EX is the new diagram you want it to look like. dont forget to remove battery. yes just take it out of the car, you dont want an accident lol.

Old 04-14-2007
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

i think you meant remove negative terminal? ^^^
Old 04-14-2007
Registered!!

yeah... just follow the diagram... have to move some wires from the blue connector to the green, but for the most of it, it would be worth it... got mines installed and is loving it... way better than my original cluster... The only thing I was wondering is does the cluster lights get more dim when you turn your headlights on compared to the how bright it was when you drive w/out the headlights on??? for some reason, when I turn my headlights on, the cluster is much more dimmer than it was w/out the headlights on... If anyone could shed some lights on it, it would be much appreciated..
Old 04-14-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

there is a two stage dimmer with memory. that one **** can be turned to adjust the brightness both with lights off and with lights on and the setting will be saved. it dims one notch automatically cause full bright is way too much at night.
Old 04-14-2007

Yeah, I found that out when I was playing with it that night too. I also found a thread made by infinite012 back in the day, with a different chart that helped me tremendously. Here's a picture of the file

Direct link to view full size - http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/1...diagramnu0.jpg
Old 04-14-2007
Registered!!

my gauges are arriving on thursday, you know the funny thing i watched you taked the pins out in the video and i still cant do it i guess i have to sharpen my paperclip as well? this is one annoying thing to do.
Old 04-14-2007

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

Okay quick quesion.. i have 2 wires left to be put in.. everything works..

1st) i take it my yellow w/black stripe needs to be extended from my Old green harness to my New Blue Harness..

2nd) the Green with black stripe.. What is its function and what need to go there?

FYI im doing this on an 01 EX to an 03 EX cluster (red) the only wire i have left is a white with red stripe..

Last edited by TransformedBG; 04-14-2007 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-14-2007

Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty
my gauges are arriving on thursday, you know the funny thing i watched you taked the pins out in the video and i still cant do it i guess i have to sharpen my paperclip as well? this is one annoying thing to do.

I sharpened mine the first time, but the second time I made that video I didn't...So either way works. Just keep practicing man. That's what I had to do. It'll come eventually

Originally Posted by TransformedBG
Okay quick quesion.. i have 2 wires left to be put in.. everything works..

1st) i take it my yellow w/black stripe needs to be extended from my Old green harness to my New Blue Harness..

2nd) the Green with black stripe.. What is its function and what need to go there?

FYI im doing this on an 01 EX to an 03 EX cluster (red) the only wire i have left is a white with red stripe..
You are correct, white with red stripe should be the only one left over. I have an 01 EX and that's how mine ended up.

Here's the pinouts, just FYI

GREEN Connector:

Blue: From ECM/PCM, Tach input signal
White/Red: Constant 12 v +
Yellow: Switched 12V+
Blue/White: From ECM/PCM And VSS input signal
Yellow/Black: From fuel level sending unit
White/Green: From multiplex control unit
Black: Ground
Pink: (Canada Vehicles only) Washer fluid level switch
White/Blue: (Canada Vehicles only) DRL Control unit
Black/Yellow: Security control unit
Blue/Yellow: Cruise control unit
Pink/Blue: OPDS unit (Side airbags)

BLUE Connector:

Black: Ground
green/orange: From ECM/PCM
Blue/Red: From ABS Control unit
Pink: From SRS unit
Red/Black: Supplies 12V+ for dash backlights
Red: Supplies switched ground for dash lights
Green/Red: Left turn signal indicator
Green/Yellow: Right turn signal indicator
Red/Blue: Combination light switch
Blue/Orange: Immobilizer control unit
Red/Yellow: From no 15 fuse under hood
White/Red: From no 9 fuse under hood
Yellow/Red: From oil pres switch

Don't see greeen/black listed on here...interesting

Last edited by 01HonderCivic; 04-14-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-14-2007

Okay so what does the Green w/ Black strip do.. I need something to connect it to, cause i dont have a green w/black stripe in my car.

Ive determined the one that needed to be extended was for the fuel lol.

Oh come on now.. someone.. im almost done!

Last edited by TransformedBG; 04-14-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-14-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

I want this thread to be put into the DIY section, so its going to be a temp sticky until the DIY mod puts it in there. Once its done, let me know and I'll unsticky.
Old 04-15-2007
Registered!!

thanks a lot Gearbox, I will go ahead and try it when i get a chance, at work right now so really cant get to my car... As for Mr. Plenty, all you really have to do is stick that paperclip towards the bottom of the connector and press down on it while using your other had to pull the wires out, its really easy trust me, might need a little pull, but it comes out easly... did it like in a minute or so after seeing the video...
Old 04-15-2007
Premium Member

if anyone has a wire question like what it does i can look it up too.
Old 04-15-2007
Registered!!

LOL!!! WOOOOOOO i got it!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! its easy as hell to get the pins out after you do it the first time. Exactly like the video except i used a large paper clip not the small ones they bend to easily. I actually found and abandoned civic cut the clips out of the dash and practiced on those and got all of the pins out except one(its a bitch to get out prolly stuck from the all the rain etc.) so when the gauges arrive on thursday i'll post pics after work.
Thank you all my fellow 7thgeners for the assistance!!
Old 04-15-2007
Registered!!

HAHA... no problem man, like I told you and everyone else here who done it before, its easy once you get it out the first time. Enjoy man... I know I sure did doing this DIY.
Old 04-15-2007

Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty
LOL!!! WOOOOOOO i got it!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! its easy as hell to get the pins out after you do it the first time. Exactly like the video except i used a large paper clip not the small ones they bend to easily. I actually found and abandoned civic cut the clips out of the dash and practiced on those and got all of the pins out except one(its a bitch to get out prolly stuck from the all the rain etc.) so when the gauges arrive on thursday i'll post pics after work.
Thank you all my fellow 7thgeners for the assistance!!
I just used a small Alan wrench lol.
Old 04-15-2007

I never measured the paperclip...It was sitting on my desk, being all paperclipish. So I used it
Old 04-15-2007
Registered!!

Haha this is one the most rewarding diys ever
Old 04-16-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Unstuck. Posted a link to this thread in the 7th gen DIY section for quick reference, I will probably be doing this straight sex swap soon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 01-02 to 03-05 Gauge Cluster Swap: DONE! Pics inside w/ Pin removing FAQ & Video